“Don't waste your time”

Price range: US$3 - US$8
Cuisines: Cambodian, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: La Table Khmere invites you to taste the flavor of traditional Khmer specialties and fusion cuisine in a stylish ambiance and atmosphere on street 278.You can choose from our a la carte menu with a wide range of Khmer dishes and house specialties freshly prepared and cooked to order.Our daily special lunch menu including a soft drink or a draft beer on the board!To make the most of your dining experience, we recommend you to try our Khmer Set Menu comprising of a little of everything. This is a delightful opportunity to savor as many of our chef's specialties in one sitting.
Reviewed 24 April 2014

After indulging in street food for a couple of nights, I thought I'd check out this place (recommended by my hotel) for a more upscale night of dining. All around, a total waste of money, you're better off with street food! First off, the place has fans placed so inconvenient that I was sweating like crazy. The pumpkin soup tasted bland (and I've has some amazing pumpkin soup in SE asia), and my meal itself was missing a key ingredient. The server explained the dish didn't come with pineapple when it's described using three ingredients- one being pineapple. Overall for service, you just expect more from a place charging 3-4x as much as local fare, but I could see when the waiter was explaining my concern to the western owner, they could care less. The place is some westerner trying to create "Khmer Fusion" and totally failing.

2  Thank Honeybadge3

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We decided to eat here as it is owned by the same people that run our hotel. The food at our hotel is great the food at La Table Khmere....amazing, along with the ambience it's a perfect match.
When seeing the last two reviews we were a little in doubt about eating here, but the fact that it has bring Khmer New Year, we thought it was worth a try. So glad we did. The whole meal was fantastic. Food was very flavoursome, service was good.
If you are after authentic Khmer food you must try this restaurant. We had 3 courses, plus a salad, cocktails and a bottle of wine for a little under $50. There is no way we would have anywhere bear the quality and serves of food for that price back home.

2  Thank johnda667
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Speed: as the name indicate, "La Table Khmere" is French owned so if you are looking for an expedited meal, I think you should look elsewhere. We went there on New Year, the place was packed, and we were clearly warned by two waiters about the wait. We were fine waiting so we didn't care. I see lots of negative reviews about the speed but I think the waiters do a good job telling people up-front what they should expect.

Price: I saw people saying this place was expensive, well clearly they haven't looked at the menu:for 25$ we had a 3-course meal for two with two cocktails... tell me where you find cheaper than that!

Quality: restaurant has a nice setting and the food was good.

Value: clearly the 3-course meal is the way to go as we were full and didn't finish our dish. The price is reflected above. Again, to me that's good value.

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I went to have dinner to this restaurant because it was close to my hotel and it seemed like a nice place. When I got there and after I had told the waiter the order he told me there was a delay in the kitchen but I decided to stay anyway. 2 hours went by from the moment I ordered and the moment I got my plate. And I was not the only one waiting, there were at least 3 other tables waiting like me. In the meantime I saw two different people leave even before someone came to take the order, two people getting up to ask for the bill and I had to go to the bar to ask for a second beer because no one would come to take my order. Even though the food was good waiting for it for 2 hours is just too much for any restaurant. I would suggest either having less tables or hiring more employees. Good food + terrible service = bad restaurant

1  Thank Feloeyen
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

As a group of 6, we expected a wait, however we ended up waiting 2 hours, and others in the restaurant were waiting even longer. When the food arrived it was very small portions, and didn't even taste that nice considering its not a particularly cheap restaurant.

1  Thank IB02