“Clean and good staff.”

Kolab Sor Phnom Penh Hotel
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Clean and good staff.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Its a well run facility with tiny rooms in a so so location. Nothing in the immediate walking distance of great interest. Pleasant breakfast and helpful front desk. It is only good value if you get the big discount. The open-air roof top café is nice for a great view in the evening.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Poughkeepsie, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Great staff, great breakfast buffet in the morning,clean rooms with space.We had a balcony.Nice view of the city.About 25 minutes on tuk from airport.Had laundry done while here. Came back pressed and beautiful.We always seen people cleaning in the day in the halls or the rooms.Had a good massage across the street.Within walking distance to Tuol Sleng

Penang Island, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

The first inpression on the hotel was nice: a very nice lobby with high ceiling, sofas and plants. However, it was quite a big dissapoint when I entered the room. I booked a Cozy double room for 2 nights. The room was VERY BASIC compare to the price I have paid (about USD60 per night). I checked the rate again during my stay and found that the rate could be less than USD30 per night, for a Cozy double room).

Room- Small room with very basic amenities. Bathtub is not available, air-cond was not cold at all (I didn't complaint because I feel dissapointed with the staff too). There is a small balcony, have only 1 chair, light for the balcony is not working so I can't sit there to enjoy the view. By the way, there is nothing remarkable outside, very hot and noisy. Haning seat is not available in the room (like what illutrated in the pictures provided by hotel).

Bar-The sky bar was nice.

Breakfast- Basic, with limited variety.

Service-
i) I arrived Phnom Penh at 7:30am in the morning, I called the hotel to ask if early check in is possible. The answer was- Not posibble, the check- in time is 2pm. Well, I can understand but I really appreaciate that a lot if they allow me to check in early for a rest.

ii) Upon check-in, II asked the staff for an information, it is relating to the bus ticket from PNH to Siem Rep. I wanted to buy a ticket by myself, as I know the address. The hotel staff suggest I do not need to do it myself, as they can offer me the service. From the transport company website, I know the ticket price for walk-in customer is $15, free pick-up provided from hotel to bus station except the trip on 11pm (by transporter). Hotel wanted to charge me $17 per head, but they promise to provide me FREE PICK UP to the bas station, so I think it might be convenient if the hotel can do so. But the fact is, when I re-confirm my bus ticket 4 hours before the trip, I was informed that there is no free pick-up. I was quite unhappy about this.

iii) I asked the tuk tuk service provided by hotel, it was much more higher than what I can get outside the hotel.

Location- Not near to town (pub street, National Musuem & Rayal Palace). Not much eateries nearby. The only place within walking distance is the S21 Musuem (about 400m).

Facilities- No pool, no gym. 2 computers available at the lobby free to use.

wifi- Was ok from room.

Finally I did not stay there 2 nights. I willing to give up my 2nd night stay and breakfast without asking for refund, just because I was not willing to stay at the hotel for any longer.

To be frank, the hotel was quite good if you pay not more than $30 for a night. Since I paid about $60 for a night, I really expect more.

Room Tip: Higher floor should be better
2 Thank datin_tan
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Stayed here for two nights. Staff were very helpful, though did not speak much English which caused a few difficulties. Rooms were clean, comfortable, and stylish, each with its own small balcony. Roof bar was great too. Not too expensive and offered great views of the city. Breakfast was above average. The AC was on full blast, but in the hot weather, it really took a long time for things to cool down. Still, I had a comfortable night's sleep.
The Tuk Tuk drivers out from can be quite pushy (like all Tuk Tuk drivers), but I booked one to take me around for the day, and we negotiated a great price. Also booked one to take me to the airport for $8, which was less than the quoted $12 from the hotel staff.

Room Tip: It is better to negotiate directly with the Tuk Tuk drivers out from for sightseeing and airport/tra...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Philly_traveller88
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

We booked from Agoda for 3 nights of staying here and surely we will come back for another Phnompenh trip. Located in central but not too noisy street, the lobby with friendly atmosphere and nice decoration make us feel more confident about our choosing. The room are clean, large bath room, and very good wifi but i recommend the cozy room with balcony, you ll have a look Phompenh at night from your room. One minus for this hotel is there only one lift and very low speed.Price onky from 30USD and services overal are very good. Thanks and will back this hotel again!!!

1 Thank Erin O
Windsor, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

The airport transfer organised by the hotel is $12 and took 30 minutes on arrival, and 50 minutes when leaving (as the traffic was bad). The reception is ultra-modern and the staff were efficient in getting us checked in.

The rooms have a minimalist feel to them, with polished concrete walls, which looks fab. Some of the rooms are nicer than others - for example, ours was almost double the size of our friends, and had a double aspect and big balcony. So if you're not keen on your room - feel free to see what else is available. The bed was very comfy and the shower was the best I've ever used. It was almost like being 'blown away' when using it, which was great.

Breakfast was a bit lack lustre and at the time we visited, half the room is being re-modelled. Expect the usual egg station, fried rice, ""bacon"", chicken sausages, toast, etc. They have a rooftop area, which during the day time is such a missed opportunity. We went upstairs to have a rest and a sunbathe, but the roof was covered in drying towels. When we went up at about 10pm when coming back after dinner though, it was lovely and the view was brilliant - they also had the bar open, which had delicious cocktails.

2 Thank Johnathan B
Noosa, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Lovely large clean rooms, a pleasant lobby, friendly staff, and a great breakfast, I shall return here. The hotel is located away from the main tourist area, which for me is a plus because I like exploring new places on foot, and prefer to be away from the tourist scene so that I feel the city from a residents perspective.

2 Thank noosa_4567