“Celebrationg our 40th Anniversary.”
Review of Quitapenas - CLOSED

Quitapenas
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We went to Quitapenas because we were looking for something special and we chose it by the reviews on tripadvisor. We were not disappointed. We left the choice of food up to the owner as we were looking for something special and new to us. The service was outstanding. the owner took time out to chat with us and when he heard that we were celebrating our anniversary he opened a bottle of champagne and celebrated with us. According to Cambodian standards it did not fit into the cheap category but it was definitely inexpensive for us. The food was of an amazing quality. Our fist meal together 40 years earlier was in a Spanish restaurant but it was no match for Quitapenas. Great ambiance. We will go back whenever we are in Phnom Penh

2  Thank Lamberta2014

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Cozy atmosphere, staff friendly and helpful, very good selection of wines, and fantastic food.
A great fusion of modern and traditional Spanish dishes, a culinary "must" for anyone visiting Phnom Penh.

2  Thank 112James
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Living in Phnom Penh for two years now, the restaurant Quitapenas has improved my gastronomic offer 100% since they opened almost a year ago.

This hidden gem is really nice, cozy and has a close and attentive service that makes one feel at home. But above all offers dishes that are made with top quality products with well defined flavors and interesting contrasts, in addition of having a very good selection of wines, beers and spirits. The whole set is savored and enjoyed. Worth the price!.

I can not recommend one dish over another, I love them all, and there is something for everyone, but for me the paella or black rice are a must.

The atmosphere, service and food all together makes you feel like wanting to go back more and more, so I highly recommend Quitapenas.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I live in Beijing (I'm Russian) and I was traveling with my boyfriend to Cambodia during Dragon Boat Festival in May. Before leaving China for this vacation we were recommended by our Spanish friend from Beijing to go to Quitapenas as a "to dine" place in Phnom Penh. And we were so happy to follow this advice - great environment, extremely good European food and excellent choice of wines. All staff members and the owner were very welcoming and caring. The bill was around 120usd, but I tell you that every penny was worth it - especially after living in Beijing where for the similar dinner we will have to spend minimum 300usd :)))))
So I will recommend this place to all couples if you wish to experience non-asian food and romantic atmosphere.

2  Thank anastasia_595
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I went to Quitapenas with some friends last month and had a rather mixed experience. Most of the tapas we had were very average to my taste: definitely not bad, but definitely not great either. I found the overall offer a bit pretentious for what it was on that side (prices aren't especially mild). This being said, to be fair with this restaurant, their paella was absolutely amazing (one of the best I ever had) and the wine was fine too. Service was just okay, but as they just opened not long ago, this is forgivable.

Overall, I'm not sure I'd go there again anytime soon. Although it wasn't bad, there are not enough reasons for me to go there again, unless I get some truly amazing feedback from people that'd change my mind... or else just for the paella and the wine (which is already not bad)! These guys can surely improve, I feel they have the potential and foundations for that, but for now, I'm not that convinced.

2  Thank mundgawi