“Fantastic location”

Ranked #66 of 269 Hotels in Phnom Penh
adelaide
“Fantastic location”
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel primarily for its location on the river front and so glad we did. It was fantastic sitting out on our balcony and watching the place wake up and also watching the night life down on the river front.
We had booked the top floor room but on arrival the stairs up were a killer. It was sooooo hot. The room was also hot so we asked for another room lower down. The rooms were amazing. So big and so clean.
The staff were so lovely and friendly but some things were out of their control ie the wifi was TERRIBLE and the breakfast wasn't too flags either. We ate there the first morning then went next door to The Karma Restaurant that was brilliant.
I'm not sure if I would stay here again. I'm torn between the brilliant possie but the very average brekki and wifi. I think I would probably look at something else if we ever travel back to PP again

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Bernard M, Owner at Bougainvillier Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you Georgie for taking your time to send your review.
We approved a lot on our breakfast and it is included in the room charge. We have now over fifty different kinds of dishes who can please every palate. Sorry we cannot meet your favorite. Karma restaurant beside is a very simple Khmer restaurant witch offers very very simple food. But your taste is yours and everybody have a different one. Most of our customers are very happy with our offer. Thank you so much for your comment and maybe you could tell us what was missing.
Sincerely yours,bernard

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I recently stayed at the :Bougainviilier Hotel for one week; The service was fantastic from the moment I arrived. All staff . . front desk/reception, restaurant staff, securiity, house keeping were well trained, extrmely pleasant and helpful, all very service oriented. Everyone had a ready smile. The managemennt of this hotel is to be congratulated. The hotel room, restaurant and lobby decor, ambience is well thought out, with a definitely Khmer aritistic mood. I plan to return to the Bougainvillier Hotel for my next visits to Phnom Penh.

Room Tip: Rooms on lower floors easier to climb for us older people. Hotel is very willing to assist you to...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Bernard M, Owner at Bougainvillier Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Tom,
Thank you so much for your nice review. It is always a pleasure that our guests like our hotel and services.We try our best to train the staff in a customer oriented way. Even sometimes a small problem could happen. thank you to take your time writing to us and hope to see you soon at Bougainvillier Hotel.
Kind Regards,
Paris, France
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I have stayed many times at the Bougainvillier. I like its excellent location, the spacious rooms and large bathrooms. I always feel that it is worth paying a bit more to have a suite with a balcony overlooking the animated quay. The Junior Suites seem to be more modern and have the most daylight.
There is no lift and not all stairways have handrails.
The rooms are large are comfortably furnished.
The large-screen TV and free WiFi worked well. There is a small safe and a mini bar. The curtains do not block the light so the room is very bright early in the morning.
There is plenty of hot water but in the shower, I could never get the cold and hot water to mix. Either the water was cold or very hot.
The buffet breakfast has a good variety of mostly western choices. I found the Asian noodle soup was very disappointing.
For me, the best attraction of the Bougainvillier is the rooftop restaurant overlooking the quay. It is quite a climb to get up there (no handrail) but it is well worth it. They do Happy Hour and serve pasta dishes, pizzas and a few other choices. I enjoy spending evenings up there in an open garden atmosphere enjoying the view over the quay. The music is soft and the service is very attentive.
The Royal Palace, the National Museum and many restaurants are within easy walking distance. There are a couple of aggressive tuk-tuk drivers in front of the hotel who can be annoying.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Bernard M, Owner at Bougainvillier Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Hal
Thank to take your time to send us your review. I highly appreciate your comment witch was useful for us and I'm very happy you liked our hotel and services. Our maintenance fixed the hot and cold water problem. Hand rails is the way as well asthe lift but needs a little bit more time. Thank for coming back to Bougainvillier hotel and hope to meet you next if you come back to Phnom Penh.
Kind Regards,
Udon Thani
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I have now stayed in this hotel on 4 different occasions. The next time I return to PP then I will stay again.
Food & drink maybe a bit pricey but just such a choice of restaurants & bars within easy walking distance that just does not matter.
The suites are just magnificent & I think hard to beat anywhere.
Reception staff excellent & helpful.
Breakfast, so so. I could always find something from the buffet to eat but it is under whelming & the rest of the hotel is not enhanced by it. Which is a real pity.

Room Tip: The riverside suites are well worth the extra expense.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Bernard M, Manager at Bougainvillier Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
dear Bob.
Thank you so much to spend your time to send us your review and to come back to our hotel. We hope next time you will find more foods you like as we extend our choice for the breakfast. We appreciate your comment who helped us to improve our services. Thank you so much and hope to see you next time if you come back to Phnom Penh and at Bougainvillier hotel.

Smyrna, Georgia
Reviewed 13 March 2014

The hotel is ideally located on Sisowath Quay directly on Mekong River with many restaurants and shops near by. I had very beautiful view from my window/balcony. It is only 5 minutes walk to the Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda, and National Museum.

The room was huge, and very well appointed, the bed very comfortable. with TV in the sleeping area, and second TV in seating area, though practically the only English language channel that you can watch is BBC. There is free WiFi, but the speed is limited, and should be improved.
Though my room was directly on very busy street it was quite thanks to double glass windows with large space between the two panels..

The breakfast was great. The restaurant is excellent with western and Khmer food. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

The only draw back, is the lack of elevator. My room was on 3rd floor, so it was not a big problem. But this could be an issue for older guests who may like to try the other restaurant on roof top with very nice view of the Mekong river.

The hotel, and restaurant are expensive by Cambodian standards, but in my opinion worth the money.. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room with river view if you can... Though it would be directly on a busy street, it is quite d...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Bernard M, Owner at Bougainvillier Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
dear Tzraik.
Thank you to take your time to send us your review. We highly appreciate it and are very happy you liked our hotel and restaurants. we are on the way to put an elevator but it takes some time because the first trial was not successful as our provider left with the money as well as the lawyer we appointed to help us. So sorry but it will come. Maybe next time you could come everything will be finish.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 7 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Bougainvillier for a few days in January, and were in room 105C. The room was comfortable, clean, and I loved the view of the riverside from the balcony. The staff were pleasant and helpful, and are willing to bend over backwards to help you.

When we were checking out at the end of our stay, the reception staff asked us if we would come back - we definitely would use this hotel again if and when we go back to Cambodia.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Bernard M, Owner at Bougainvillier Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Rose,
Thank you so much for your nice review. We highly appreciate you take your time to send us your opinion. We will continue to train our staff to give our customers a nice service and a warm welcome. Hope to have the chance to welcome you if you have time to visit us again.
South West England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I did write a review on this hotel but for some reason it hasn't been published. So I,ll have another go. We loved everything about the hotel. The room was overlooked the river was perfect and great for people watching. Staff were very friendly and the breakfast was good. Something for everyone to choose. The egg boy was very polite. Another guest made a comment that the furniture was old, I think the word we use is antique in our country. And expensive furniture at that. It is true their is no lift but so what. The staff help carry your bags to your room . The hotel s position made it great for exploring the area. Their are also lots of nice bars and restaurants just along the road, the hotel also has a nice looking restaurant. We traveled from uk and got delayed by 12 hours it were made feel comfortable and happy the second we arrived. I would definitely go back to this hotel and thank the staff very much

Room Tip: We paid extra for the river view and it was worth it.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Bernard M, Owner at Bougainvillier Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
dear Polperro,
Thank you very much to take your time to send us your review. We are happy you liked our large choice of breakfast. We worked on it that every nationality can have some choice and start a nice day. We hope we can see again one day in our hotel.
Kind Regards