US$60
US$53
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$65/night.

US$91
US$81
US$108
US$96
White Mansion(Phnom Penh)
US$117
US$96
  • Breakfast included
G Mekong Hotel(Phnom Penh)
US$66
US$231
US$186
Trip.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$224/night.

US$253
US$242
All reviewsno liftrooftop barthe riverroyal palaceriverside viewhot waterbuffet breakfastrooms are hugecharming hoteltop floorlocation is excellentfour nightsbusy streetnational museumnight marketsuitebalcony
Reviewed 21 September 2016

Price wise and location this is a good value, but there are a few little things they could do better.

First, I love Khmer people, friendly, open, caring, thirst for knowledge. Staff was lovely. Speed of check in was delayed but I was there at 2 an hour before official check in but we know the hotel was not full up. The hotel has shoe mits and cotton buds but no toothbrushes. Not a major purchase or cost out of pocket at all but in Asia every hotel has a toothbrush and I take for granted that some hotels do not.

I love Khmer architecture and furnishings, if the genocide never happened the french architectural influence in the colonial times with the solid wood furniture would have made PP and the country just incredible. The hotel is quirky, unique, special, no lift so walking up stairs but some stairs in Khmer are basically ladders, these for Khmer style were not so much of a hike that some places are. And I'm sorry but I love the old school door locks no key card but a real key and real locks to get in the room.

Bed was comfortable, air con worked, had fan, hot water was HOT. My requirements for a hotel are HOT WATER, clean sheets, and solid wifi. The hot water would not last super long but long enough for a good shower. Sheets were clean. Towels were not only fresh and fluffy but the smell was a light perfume smell not some old musty threadbare towel. WIFI, kind of weak. Worked, but speed and strength was not great. And some will say hey it is cambodia do not expect top service; however I know that Cambodia has some solid internet firms with good speed and not expensive service. So knowing this, I gotta knock them on the wifi speed and strength.

Due to an early departure I did not get to use the free breakfast. Will I be back, Price to service was good, room is in a good location for what I want to do, lovely staff, I will most likely look at any specials on other hotels but the options are to go to more of a little unique hotels either on 51 street or in BKK1 or higher end hotels and pay six times as much as here, so I might take a look around for other options but if nothing jumps out at me I would not hesitate to book again.

Room Tip: City View is not a city view it is a view of another building, if you want a view get a river view room.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Bri A
Bernard M, Owner at Bougainvillier Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2017

Dear Bri,
Thank you so much for your stay with us. We are happy you liked Bougainvillier hotel. We don't provide tooth brushes or razors not because of the price but only for ecological reasons. it is plastic and after each use we throw it away. After it is going to the river and from there to the sea, and you see what happens now. For the same reason we installed a solar system for hot water and put liquid soap in distributors ( with extra essential oils) on the labavo and in the shower. Also we don't put plastic bag in the garbbage boxes in the rooms but we use the news papers from the pervious days. Also we clean our water to put in the rooms and put it in a glass carafe so we don't have to put plastic bottles. Thank you so much for your Kind understanding.

Reviewed 28 July 2016

I enjoyed this hotel. Good basics but needless lapses in easily fixable specifics would really have made this place a gem. First the good. I loved the solid wood furniture and styling of the room. The staff was friendly and helpful and even greeted me by name when I arrived. That was a nice touch. The bed was comfortable and the room was super clean. The location is fantastic. Right on the river, near some nice historic attractions, and walkable to the glittering nightlife in downtown PP.

I thought for what I paid for the room, it was really a good value. I didn't have a view but I really didn't want one. I didn't care about using the stairs which seems to be a hot topic for these reviews. I am 60 years old and not necessarily the most fit person but the climb to my room 306 was not really a problem for me. Again, the value is built in.

The problems were minor but could have been easily remedied. The air conditioner was weak and it took over an hour for the room to cool. This was solved by the staff by giving me an extra key holder which allowed me to leave the air on when I went out in the evening. I think some simple maintenance would have been better than my solution but the congeniality of the staff was a positive. Next, the hot water is sufficient for a shower but if you want a bath, there isn't enough hot water. A hot soak would have been awesome but again, this benefit is minor. Up grade the water heater.

The only real negative experience was with the breakfast. I was set to leave at 7:00 AM to catch a tuk tuk to the airport. I was told the buffet started at 6:30. I was at the buffet at 6:15. A few things were set up but nothing hot. The hostess was working frantically to set things out but in the end, by 6:50 there was no hot food and the food that was put out was cold. The simple breakfast I was adequate but the sullen put upon attitude of the male attendant was disconcerting. During my time at the restaurant he placed one food item out and then disappeared. Things happen but food service of this quality is unacceptable.

Overall, this is a nice place to stay. If the minor issues I mentioned were addressed this could really be a great place to stay.

Room Tip: I had a room in the back and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Lookeelook.
Thank you so much for your stay with us and for your useful review. We are happy you enjoyed Bougainvillier hotel and we will double check what happen that day because 98% of the time everything is ready in time with a large choice of hot and cold dishes on our buffet breakfast. So sorry for that. Hope to see us on your next trip to Phnom Penh and to salute you at our Sky BAr Lounge amd offer you and drink.
bernard

Reviewed 27 July 2016

I stayed here 3 nights (from 18 - 21/July/2016), room # 110A (first floor. Bougainvillier is 4-floor building with rooftop - No Lift).
I like this hotel with great location, BOUGAINVILLIER situated just in front of Riverside (Tonle Sap River). Clean big room with Nice Cambodian Style Decor. My room filled with light.
Bathroom is bright n very clean -is a must. There is nothing to complaint about Shower n Hot wate. Wifi working well.
There is a Great n Nice Garden Rooftop -agreable Riverview- where the breakfast is served from 6 - 10 AM. Breakfast was pretty good with hot food, and we can order an omelette or 2 eggs sunny-side up . Buffet was well presented.
Friendly staffs, Nice service!
Definitely will stay again at Bougainvillier for my next trip.
J'aime ma charmante chambre, j'aime Bougainvillier.
MEIDINE Dong Pho

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo

Cher Dongpho,
Merci beaucoup. Thank you so much for your nice review. We are happy you liked our hotel, your room and the breakfast at IBIZA Lounge Sky bar overlooking the river. We hope to see you again with us on your next stay and hope to meet you.

Reviewed 25 July 2016

I love this hotel with its traditional styling and great location in Phnom Penh. If you find your bed too hard (some are like planks) ask for another room. There are rooms with firm, yet far more comfortable mattresses. Also, if you are there in the off season, be prepared not to get hot water in your shower (out of three mornings only one had hot water) and to have the great downstairs restaurant closed. There are no elevators, so you climb up the stairs to your room. All this being said, it's a fun place and I will stay there again.

Room Tip: Mattress in room 110B more comfortable
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business

Dear Martha,
Thank you for your stay with us. We are happy you liked our Hotel. Hot water is now fixed. we decided to go greener and install solar water system. But in Cambodia sometimes things are not that easy every days. After three weeks finaly everything went ok with the installation and the local techniciens who have to make it work . Our restaurant down stairs will open again after transformation. It will now be a backery tea room restaurant called Kaiser world wide known .

Reviewed 20 July 2016

I loved the central location of this hotel, with the stunning view towards the Mekong river. (Ask for a room with a front view). The staff took care of my luggage and I had no problem with 2 flights of stairs. The breakfast was excellent value for the room rate we paid (less then 50 $) and the reception was ready to help us any day or night time with advise...
Will be back...

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Baldi,
Thank you for your nice review about our Bougainvillier Hotel. We are happy to enjoyed your stay with us and hope to personaly welcome you on your next trip to Cambodia and phnom Penh city.
Sincerely yours,