All reviews no lift the river royal palace riverside view hot water buffet breakfast rooms are huge rooftop restaurant charming hotel top floor location is excellent colonial style busy street night market balcony riverfront cambodia
Reviewed 10 March 2017

I stayed in a suite overlooking the river in January - great views and location. Staff were helpful and breakfast was good (nice roof-top setting).

The one drawback was that there was construction on the main floor. If you are someone who likes to take a siesta in the afternoon like myself, you might want to ask what the status of the construction is.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Douglas193
Bernard M, Owner at Bougainvillier Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2017

Dear Douglas,
Thank you to take your time to give us your feed back. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and liked our IBIZA Lounge Sky Bar. Sorry for the inconvienience, we had a big water leaking problem which needed to be fixed urgently and change a big pipe. After 3 days everything went in order again.
Thank you for stayinf with us.

Reviewed 24 February 2017

Have been staying at this hotel for almost a decade now, and see no reason for changing. I come to the city once a year for an academic conference, and this hotel is well situated on the water front. taxi from the airport is reasonable (opt for the actual car, and NOT the took-took as the ride is quite dusty. Check in is not the quickest, but the lobby is comfortable and classy - as are the rooms. There is no elevator (hotel has 6 floors and a roof-top bar/restaurant, which is a wonderful place to take in the river views).

Free Wifi is quick and plentiful.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Kurizoo15
Bernard M, Owner at Bougainvillier Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2017

Dear Kurizoo,
Thank you so much for coming back to Bougainvillier Hotel.. We are happy you liked your stay one more time. Our hotel have 4 floors, at the last one is our IBIZA Lounge with an amazing view on the mekong river. it is also ther that we serv our breakfast. Thank you for coming hope to see you nest time.

Sincerely yours
Bernard

Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

A reasonable location fronting the lake. There is construction work going on in the foyer at the moment. The big negative is that there is no elevator so going up and down the staircase in the heat is not pleasant. They do have someone who can help with the baggage, so you may find it OK but I did not. Staff are friendly though.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank MCA_traveller123

Dear MCA,
Thank you for your comment and your stay with us. The work downstairs is finish since February 10 2017. We opened now a new French bakery restaurant with the Brand Name Kayser, famous all over the world. Hope to see you again with us.

Sincerely yours

Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

I stayed in a suite overlooking the river and park the location is great close to nightlife and the hotel was clean and comfortable. The staff were excellent and I can recommend this hotel. The room being so big the air conditioning did struggle to keep the temp down in the morning with the sun on the glass door to the balcony

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo

Dear john,
Thank you so much for your comment and your stay with us. We are happy that you liked it and hope we can see you again on your next trip to Cambodia and our nice city of Phnom Penh.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 28 January 2017

The location is excellent. Checkin was fast and easy. A staff-member escorted me to my room. All rooms are walk-up at this point in time. That means no elevator - to the rooftop bar as well. Presently, that's where they serve breakfast.

I walked up the stairs for "Happy Hour" and misunderstood what that meant. I thought it meant half price - I was wrong. I ordered a half-litre of white wine with dinner. When I went to pay the bill, I pointed out their mistake of changing me the full $15... Oops. They said "Happy Hour" meant: Buy One - Get One. I made "a 180" and said... "Bring me another." Good move?

The room was well-designed using plenty of wood. The furniture was superior and the bed was comfortable. The shower and wifi worked well. The hotel's description professes an in-room safe, but I didn't have one - There was a card on the desk saying that a safe would be supplied if requested. The "city view" means not a water view. I looked out into an alley and another building. Something that was unusual was that, when exiting the room, I had to use my key to lock the door.

The wake-up call was on time. Check-out was simple. Breakfast began at 6:30 am and was of a good variety, including made-to-order eggs. The car to the airport, arranged through the hotel for $13, was on time and air conditioned.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Bernard M, Owner at Bougainvillier Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2017

Dear Victoria,
Thank so much for staying with us at Bougainvillier Hotel. We are happy you liked it and thank you for your review. we have happy hour from 5 to 7 and write it our Menu Card
Happy hour for one person buy one drink get one free. Hope to see you again with us on your next trip.
kind Regards