All reviewsno liftthe riverroyal palaceriverside viewhot waterbuffet breakfastrooms are hugerooftop restaurantcharming hoteltop floorlocation is excellentcolonial stylebusy streetnight marketbalconyriverfrontcambodia
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Great lill find along the riverfront , only disappointment was only had the one night there ! Upgraded for an extra $20 to a room with a view overlooking the river .. this is a must ! Room was massive but best part was the furniture and the views ! The antique furniture is beautiful , think I took more photos of the furniture than the view ! Breaky was very basic and it's a nice healthy walk up to the top floor. No lifts like many of the hotels , but good exercise after all the cheap beer and yum food! Location was perfect right in the middle of everything.. couple of beers on the balcony as the moon rises was awesome . Be checking in here next time I'm back.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 May 2017

Location is excellent but I'm afraid that is the only positive.
The staff seem to have little or no interest in customer service and do not seem to have had any training. When I arrived the receptionist was playing with a baby and had no interest in checking me in. She was only interested in the baby.
My room was on the second floor but many flights of stairs to get there. There is no lift but no help with luggage either in check in or checkout
The room was large but I have doubts about the cleanliness of both the bed sheets and towels. There was no safe in the room bit in fairness they did bring when I asked for one
Breakfast is on the roof - 4 or 5 flights of stairs. and really not worth the effort The quality was very poor.
The reception was not manned all the time meaning that I had to wait for my key when I came back to the hotel.
Checkout was painfully slow largely because the receptionist had to go and check the room to make sure I had not taken anything. She tried to charge me for things I had not consumed
It pains me to write this because this used to be a good hotel with a great French restaurant..Sadly no more!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank annaegge
Reviewed 22 March 2017

The rooms are large, clean and the hotel is good situated in the center facing the Mekong river. There are 4 floors for the rooms and the restaurant is on the 5th floor. Without elevator and without someone who takes care of the luggage totally impossible for elderly persons

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank madagaskartouren
Bernard M, Owner at Bougainvillier Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2017

Dear MAdagaskartouren.
Thank you to stay with us at Bougainvillier Hotel.
When checking in or out our bell boys or concierge are her eto bring your luggage to your room or back to the Lobby. Sorry for the inconvenience that occured. If they are not at the lobby just ask concierge or receptionist to call them.
Kind regard
Bernard. Owner

Reviewed 10 March 2017

I stayed in a suite overlooking the river in January - great views and location. Staff were helpful and breakfast was good (nice roof-top setting).

The one drawback was that there was construction on the main floor. If you are someone who likes to take a siesta in the afternoon like myself, you might want to ask what the status of the construction is.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Douglas193
Bernard M, Owner at Bougainvillier Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2017

Dear Douglas,
Thank you to take your time to give us your feed back. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and liked our IBIZA Lounge Sky Bar. Sorry for the inconvienience, we had a big water leaking problem which needed to be fixed urgently and change a big pipe. After 3 days everything went in order again.
Thank you for stayinf with us.

Bernard Owner

Reviewed 24 February 2017

Have been staying at this hotel for almost a decade now, and see no reason for changing. I come to the city once a year for an academic conference, and this hotel is well situated on the water front. taxi from the airport is reasonable (opt for the actual car, and NOT the took-took as the ride is quite dusty. Check in is not the quickest, but the lobby is comfortable and classy - as are the rooms. There is no elevator (hotel has 6 floors and a roof-top bar/restaurant, which is a wonderful place to take in the river views).

Free Wifi is quick and plentiful.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Kurizoo15
Bernard M, Owner at Bougainvillier Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2017

Dear Kurizoo,
Thank you so much for coming back to Bougainvillier Hotel.. We are happy you liked your stay one more time. Our hotel have 4 floors, at the last one is our IBIZA Lounge with an amazing view on the mekong river. it is also ther that we serv our breakfast. Thank you for coming hope to see you nest time.

Sincerely yours