“Avoid this hotel”

Holiday International Hotel
Ranked #201 of 270 Hotels in Phnom Penh
“Avoid this hotel”
Reviewed 1 June 2010

We were booked here by my tour agency. Obviously they have no knowledge about this hotel as we were totally shocked by what we experienced. It was disappointing after experiencing a decent hotel in Siem Reap!
1. Hotel area under renovation and looked like a ruin or an ex-warzone!
2. Surrounding furniture and deco looked like from the 80s!
3. Hardly any facilities in the neighborhood!
4. Many old men(local) sitting around and smoking... It's like an old folks home!
5. Room is stuffy.
6. Moved in 10mins and whole room went blackout!!! Took them quite awhile to reset it back!!! Bit it really shocked us when the whole turned dark and airconless!!!
7. When I looked out the window, it's not scenery but a workers quarters or some junk yard!!!
8. Room smells
9. Facilities in room is minimum! Only 1 bath towel. No face towel.
10. Recycled shower and hair soap!
11. Bed is way too soft!!!
12. Small bed.

Only plus is free Internet, but that's all. I comment this via their free WiFi they provided .

I was really disappointed of this over-rated hotel....

It's expensive too!
I will not recommended this hotel
Don't go even with discount. It just doesn't meet the basic standard!!!

4 Thank Albert_Yu

Families
Solo
Australia
Reviewed 28 May 2009

I went there on my business trip with my share holder . They have renovate lots specially room and services , If I'm not wrong I heard the staff said they are under new management . I feel it's easy to access as it's in heart of Phnom Penh and plenty of parking space with free hotel transport to most of attractive place in Phnom Penh city . You can view hotel website at www.holidayhotelcambodia.com

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Well_Trade_Group
hemel hempstead
Reviewed 23 January 2009

Unfortunately this was booked by our travel agent who said it was a 3* hotel. The other hotels booked by them on this trip were very good, but this was horrible. The person that commented on this page in 2005 and said it needed an update and clean will not be surprised to know that nothing has been done yet! We were very upset as this was the last night of a 4 week tour of Thailand and Cambodia

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — Filthy carpets, no service
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank betstan

Travellers are raving about these Phnom Penh hotels

United States
Reviewed 5 January 2009

I really don't know how our travel agent booked us here, but probably because our kids wanted a pool, and we wanted 100 dollars or under. Bad combo, and even worse hotel. If you are in PP, please please stay in a nice little hotel, that is clean and comfortable for $50, or stay at the Raffles. Do not try this place. It has a big facade, and the outward appearance of a once-nice hotel. But, when you see the dirty rug in their lobby, it kind of goes downhill from there. We WAY overpaid for this place. OK, maybe at $25 I would have stayed here, but at $90, it was probably the worst value in a hotel I have had after living 5 years in Asia. Truly. On the plus side, there were no bugs. Yes, the sheets were threadbare (and the towels). The restaurant food was bad -- but a few of the middle age men sitting there smoking seemed to down it ok. did I mention the casino with young women walking in and out on the arms of old guys every time we walked through the lobby. How about when we had to get a really early breakfast, and they were all emerging from the back of the casino area. Hmmm. If this is your kind of place, fine. Then, for the final kicker when the front desk staff ran after me to make sure I hadn't taken anything from the minibar (which wasn't turned on anyway when we arrived). Dirty carpets in the room, and not remodeled since it was built in the 80's some time. nuff said.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — way overpriced
  • Stayed December 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank MarMel-n-kids
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 December 2005

The hotel is old and is in urgent need of refurbishment. The rooms are old and the bathroom was falling apart. The stench coming out of the shower curtain did not entice us to actually shower and the showergel provided had been used several times before. Upon arrival there were no towels in the room and we had to insist to even get a small hand towel. Additionally the bedsheets had holes in them. This hotel was an absolute horror and not recommendable at all.

• Stayed December 2005