“The place is a little eerie but must see” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Half-Day Tuol Sleng Museum and Cheung Ek Killing Fields
Ranked #1 of 116 things to do in Phnom Penh
More attraction details
Owner description: These were the execution grounds for the Khmer Rouge.
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The place is a little eerie but must see”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

The place is a must see. Very sad, I will never forget it! Good to see though. Everyone is given a tape to listen to different voice tracks at different stations in the field. I would recommend going.

Visited July 2014

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“"A cruel story"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

Killing Fields tells the story of the cruelty of Pol Pot ( meaning Political Potentional). It was hard to see the skulls and bones of the vicitms. Hard for me to imagine that such brutality exist(ed )and what people are capable of.
We saw the mass graves and visited the informative museum (for the audio tour) that teaches us the history in the period 1975 - 1979.

A true story and hard to comprehend.

Visited July 2014
General Santos, Philippines
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“A Bit Of History Unfolding Before My Eyes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

I have long been waiting to see this place. At first I was disappointed to see modern structures thinking that it was just a field that I will see. The audio guide was a great help for it afforded me the rare chance to see and feel what those innocent people went through. I can't help but cry just listening to the audio guide as i stood there with my eyes closed and I really felt what happened many years ago.Plenty of lives lost never seeing what their beloved country is now. I still have goosebumps as I'm writing these and my eyes with tears. If you go to Phnom Penh, never miss the rare opportunity to go to this place and offer a silent prayer to those who perished.

1 Thank Carl1968ph
Bangkok, Thailand
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Conjures heavy emotions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

This place was everything I was afraid it was going to be. There were bones sticking out of the ground near site #5, and the audio tour was the best I have ever had. You had the choice of hearing more detail about certain things, and at the large tree where the executions were carried out, they played the sounds of a deisel generator and the music that was played during the killing to mask any screams. It's crazy to think that over 14,000 lives ended in that spot, with those noises being the last they ever heard.

Terrigal, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Somber place to visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

It was interesting to visit & really raised the question for me, "What was Pot Pol thinking" I cannot comprehend what his goal was as these type of genocide types are either religious or it's about power & money. Either way crazy stuff & totally unjustified. Go visit & listen to the audio guide.