Killing field and Toul Sleng genocide museum Tour

Book in advance
from
£16.09
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Choeung Ek Genocidal Center
from £16.09
from £74.07
from £98.27
from £16.10
12,628 results
All reviews audio tour killing fields mass graves choeung ek khmer rouge tuk tuk sad place pol pot cambodian history recent history small museum eye opening visiting cambodia walk around atrocities memorial stories
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 July 2019 via mobile

It is truly shocking what some humans are prepared to do to each other. They explain all the horrifying things that happened and also have a great memorial to all those that died. Whilst a potentially difficult experience it is a place that should be visited. We were shown round by our guide so can’t comment on the audio tour.

Reviewed 18 July 2019

Coming to Cambodia and Phnom Pehn I knew that this was someplace I had to visit. I would have enjoy it, or have a good time but it was just one of those things you need to do to be a good global citizen and to pay respect to the sins of the past in hopes they are not repeated.

What I expected is basically what was shown in the Killing Fields movie. This may have been the case years ago but it is not so now. Now (2019) it is a beautiful and solem place that tells the story of the atrocities which were performed at that place and others around the country. However, time has healed the land and the evidence is no longer in your face.

There are displays of skulls and other bones but you do not need to go see them if you do not want to.

Reviewed 18 July 2019

This is a hard place to visit . our guide who we had been travelling with lived through this . It is important to visit and see this terrible history and be even more inpressed with how wonderful the current Cambodian people are .After discussing it with her we took our 13yo daughter who found it very moving but not overwhelming

2  Thank mark w
Reviewed 18 July 2019

This is not your typical tourist stop, but it is worth your time to learn a little more about the evil that controlled Cambodia in the 1970's. Please know that this place does contain actual human remains and it does touch your emotions. It's not a fun place to visit, but a place I'm glad I visited. It helps you to understand the history of the country and why we as a civilization need to learn to live together peacefully and to accept others that may be different from us as equal.

Date of experience: June 2019
1  Thank Scott M
Reviewed 17 July 2019 via mobile

Take the time to visit this place. As someone who is very easily upset and sensitive, I was apprehensive about visiting and worried about what to expect. It is of course tremendously upsetting but the audio guide and tour is done very well and respectfully.

The site is incredibly peaceful and a powerful memorial for all who lost their lives. I left feeling very sad but educated and reflective. It is a must for those visiting the area.

I personally chose not to visit the genocide museum afterwards and instead went to Witty Cafe at the end of the street on the corner where I did some reading while my partner went to the museum (1-1.5 hours).

1  Thank jc_7890