“I was reluctant at first to climb the steep stairs but I'm glad I did”
Review of Wat Phnom

US$60.00*
Half-Day Phnom Penh Food Tour
Ranked #10 of 126 things to do in Phnom Penh
More attraction details
Owner description: A standard Southeast Asian temple.
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I had enjoyed the Tour, short as it was...Quite different from other Wats or Temples. I enjoyed also the fact the place was named after the lady Penh after which Phnom Penh was Eventually named! I'm not sure whether it it is a Hindu Temple . but regardless it does have it's charm..Gaudy perhaps for others but then that's what makes it stand out differently from other Wat! Even the climb is a good preparation for other Higher Altitude type of temples like Wat Chisor!m I recommend it for others to see as a part of their tours!

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

They charge a dollar for entry
Just take 30 minutes time for walking whole temple one of the big budish temple at Phnom Penh center of city we like

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Wat Phnom is a small Buddhist temple on top of a small hill about a mile north of the Royal Palace. It is a bit gaudy and crowded with local worshippers and a large number of street vendors and beggars as well as local couples taking a break.

To one side of the main temple, there is a small shrine (not sure to whom it's dedicated) that seems to be half sanctuary and half video arcade. Other than a statue, incense burners, etc, there is a digital clock and some electronic stuff that looks like a disco lights to my untrained eyes. Very amsuing in a post modern sense and this alone makes the visit worthwhile.

1  Thank E150A
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

The Wat of the city's namesake seemed disrespected by locals and was actually quite underwhelming. Maybe over priced for a very short visit!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Unless you have an interest in its religious history, driving by and taking a look might be enough. It was enough for us just to go by in a tuk tuk and take a look. Didn't seem so impt to stop after we had spent lots of time in the museum and palace.