“Excellent!”
Review of Anise Villa

Anise Villa
Ranked #11 of 274 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I spent last weekend at the brand new Anise Villa. I found it on TA but actually had my Tuk Tuk driver take me for a look before booking. I was delighted with the third room they showed me -rm 301 on the top floor with a big terrace and sliding glass wall for $75 a night. Very clean and excellent AC and quiet at night.

The staff were all nice but maybe a bit inexperienced in hotel services as they lacked basic knowledge in travelers ordinary questions - referring me to seek the advise of my Tuk Tuk driver instead. But they will learn.
Overall I did not need much help anyway and my room was a good value. They provide free laundry and did a nice job.
There is a good restaurant on the way to the riverside called Friends, that trains former street kids to be in this industry. I met and visited with several people while sipping a glass of wine and waiting on a table. Don't leave if you see a wait - it was fast and fun to chat with other travelers.
I went to a great great beautiful restaurant right on the waterfront but can't recall the name. It is quite large and beautifully lighted inside and out with comfy lounge seating outside where we dined. Hope you can figure out which and enjoy.
Hope this helps,
Jana

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 17 February 2014

As in previous reviews, this place is probably a 20 min tuk tuk ride to the river front, but is only a 10-15 min walk from S21 prison. location-wise, it is bang in between the Russian Market and the river front in a nice and quite neighbourhood. Don't let this put you off, you can get plenty of tuk tuks at a cost of 2-3 USD to the river front.

Staff are extremely accommodating - they even offered to lend us their own bicycles to cycle around the city. The free laundry service is a bonus and the spa is quite cheap, no frills. Ideal when you are waiting for your taxi back to the airport.

Room Tip: Dont get room 101 as it faces the pool and will be a bit like living in a goldfish bowl. Try for roo...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This is my second stay at this exceptional boutique hotel. The staff all welcomed us. All my friends enjoyed the swimming pool. The rooms are large well appointed, there is no street noise and the location is central for visiting the sites and markets, The service is excellent and staff are very helpful, The menu is limited but the food is organic and good. We ate and had drinks drinks next to the pool. Happy hour was great value for the money

Room Tip: Some rooms have private terraces and are great value for the money. If you stay here be sure to rem...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Only by coincidence did we make a reservation at anise villa after having spent one sleepless night at another boutique hotel. We stayed four nights at beautiful anise villa. The hotel is lovely, clean rooms with free laundry service, gorgeous pool area, good food. The staff was amazing, very friendly and helpfull. We did not expect the great service we got at a boutique hotel in Cambodia! We would love to go back anytime...right now, if only we could!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gudrun M
Reviewed 13 February 2014

First the only negative: a little way from the central monuments etc. (although by no means a bad location).

The very good: price, breakfast and room and tranquil ambiance

The excellent: the staff and the service they provide - simply 5*

James

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 February 2014

It is a boutique hotel and the best staff I ever saw. Customer satisfaction is their key and they truly maintain quality and commitment. It is located in a street that is quieter than the other streets. The pool was so great and I felt like swimming their almost the whole day as the water was clean and I felt so good. I just spent $11 to be picked up from the airport and I did not believe it even now. Such a great experience and awesome service by these people. They offered me a big safe box, which was good enough to hold my laptop as I cared much for it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Stayed here one night after we stayed in Anise hotel for 3 nights. Wanted to extend our stay but they were fully booked so reserved us a room at the Anise villa. Provided free one way tuk tuk ride and same rate we paid at hotel.

Breakfast, laundry and wifi all included in room rate. Rooms were large, clean and very comfortable. Pool and restaurant had a lovely atmosphere. Staff helped us book a minivan to Siem Reap for great price.

Only things letting it down were the shower which soaked the whole bathroom and the location was not near many restaurants or shops.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple