“First visit in Cambodia for fernandez”
Review of Anise Villa

Anise Villa
Ranked #10 of 276 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I have spent very good days in this hotel. The service and the rooms are excellents and it is also a quiet place. I think it is really the place to be in Phnom Penh. It was my first visit in Cambodia and I can say that I will be back because of the quality of receipt.
Thanks for everything.

Room Tip: "Corner suites are large and sunny"
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 August 2014

This is such a beautiful spot. The staff are superbly nice and helpful. Plus the food is great. What more is there... We had a very enjoyable time, and would be happy to return again one day.

Thank you!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank I O
Reviewed 17 August 2014

The stay at anise villa was perfect. Great staff, comfortable, spotless, gym facilities, pool and amazing inexpensive massages. Ask for Ms Ly who gives a superb massage. The food and coffee also excellent.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Sturitz
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I've stayed at the other Anise Hotel around the corner of Sihanouk Blvd., a few times previously which had always been a pleasant stay, I booked with just a few days notice and well established Anise Hotel had been fully booked. I knew I could not do wrong to book my 8 nights at their newly opened sister place Anise Villa Instead and I have not been disappointed by my choice! Others complain the location, but it is just a mere 8 minute Tuk Tuk drive away from Sihanouk Blvd and the sister place, area is extremely safe with most embassies in the neighbourhood! and the quietness of the peaceful surroundings of Anise Villa just make it for the 2 $ per Tuk Tuk ride!
Since it was not my first time in PP I did not mind the location at all. I've had a very pleasant stay and enjoyed the genuine hospitality and exceptional service at this place. I've been staying at room 302 on the top floor, which is a modern apartment style room w. a huge terrace, modern bathroom, a kitchenette with gas cooker and a lot of space. Style and deco were ok, nothing spectacular, artsy or funky, just nice and to fit to most peoples taste, there are some lovely paintings and some artwork I liked. My bed was very comfortable, I really had a fantastic sleep during my entire stay. Wifi was good & fast at all times. Flatscreen w. huge selection of channels, plus DVD in room was just great, too. The pool area is nice with daybeds and a lot of plants and trees, I found the restaurant and bar area ok, but in my opinion needs improvement if compared with the Anise Hotel's restaurant and terrace that. has way more atmosphere and charm to offer with an inviting warm lightning. Food was great and is similar at both places. Anise Villa offers also a library with lots of DVD's and books, I liked the small souvenir shop with its lovely collection.. provides a huge selection of movies and books. There is also a gym on 2nd floor and Spa and massage are on offer as well! A supermarket is around the corner, to reach in less than a 1 minute walk. Nice place, I liked the safe area and I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: I did not see the rooms on 1st and 2nd floor, but highly recommend the 3 on top floor, for quietness...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank ILoveKohChang
Reviewed 11 August 2014

A beautiful hotel with great attention to details. My room was spacious and clean and excellent value. What a treat to have my laundry included in the price! The staff were helpful in addressing all requests. The restaurant was good in a lovely setting by the pool. The spa was average but great that they come to massage you in your rooms. I would absolutely stay there again.

Room Tip: A bit noisy near the pool and reception
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jolev11
Reviewed 11 August 2014

PP can be a shocking city but this hotel is a peaceful and calm oasis - the perfect antidote after the grim experiences of Tuol Sleng and Choeng Ek.
I travelled with my family - wife and two teenage sons - and we all loved this place. The staff are brilliant, never lacking a smile and highly attentive. Our twin rooms were really delightful; clean, cool, well designed and laid out. The artworks were very interesting and I made use of the library for a solitary breakfast by the pool. The bonus was the free laundry - in fact I had to remind them that we had put more than 5 items in each so had extra to pay on departing. The breakfasts and dinners were excellent too, no complaints whatsoever, in fact much credit for some great food, all cooked freshly to order. Took time to have a massage, that was also excellent and great value for money with 15% off as guests. It really was a shame to leave, but Siem Reap beckoned.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank daib17
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed over the Christmas holidays with family (two kids)
Found all to be of high standard
Staff very kind and helpful.
Very nice breakfast which kids enjoyed too.
Great place to chill and relax in Phnom Penh.
Paul and Srey Ya Warren