“Terrible!!!!”
Review of Chi Cha Hotel

Chi Cha Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Phnom Penh
Chi Cha Hotel
Ranked #211 of 274 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Room wasnt cleaned from previous guests, felt unsafe, noisy street, dirty dirty dirty. Was waiting for the roof to fall in. No elevator to 3rd floor, luckily the staff helped us up with our heavy luggage. Shouldnt have stayedbut was too tired to look for something else. But what do u expect for 8 dollars?? Do not stay, no matter how tired you are.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Chi Cha might not be chi chi, but it suit me
Every month I travel to Phnom Penh from Sihanoukville for medical reasons. Every month I stay at Chi Cha Hotel on Street 110 which is an enviable 50 meters from the Riverside; which happens to be my favorite part of Phnom Penh.
For two years or so, one night a month I sleep there, which translates in 24 to 26 times. Contrary to other internet reviews I’ve never once had a problem there; no theft, no creepy-crawly bugs, no foul orders. Sure the rooms are to put it politely: basic; but clean. The sheets have seen hundreds of washings and somewhat worn. And the whole place could do with a paint job. That said, the rooms I’ve had were far from the ambiance of a “prison cell”. I rent rooms to sleep in not to glaze upon interior design nuances. One reviewer made me chuckle; said he didn’t like Chi Cha cause the bum-gun’s water pressure wasn’t super-duper forceful. For me the bum-guns worked just fine for what they were invented.
The Bangladesh manger and his staff have consistently been gracious and helpful.
I have two main criteria for a room: 1. is it secure (which my experiences have verified Chi Cha’s safety quotient is OK) and 2. the hotel must, first and foremost, have dynamite internet. And Chi Cha’s connectivity is superb.
If you’re looking for classy digs, Chi Cha is not for you. I, for one, will continue to lodge there for my one night per month trek to Phnom Penh. Chi Cha might not be chi chi, but it suits me.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank DiceyEye
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I would recommend everybody to avoid this place at all costs. The staff we encountered were incredibly rude & unhelpful. The 'room' we were given resembles Vietnamese prison cells we've visited during the trip.... quite possibly more dirty. There are plenty of bugs if you're a nature lover. If we hadn't pre paid for the night we would not have stayed here. The room was cheap but you can can find similarly priced places in the same area which are far superior.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

We booked a room for 1 night online with agoda. upon turning up the man at the desk informed us that agoda werent paying him any money, and for that reason we would have to pay again. He didnt even say hello as we arrived or sorry as he told us. After a heated debate, he started to get quite aggressive and certainly didnt care for us. Eventually he let us have a tiny room which bared a great resemblance to a prison cell.

If you want bad customer service, a dirty room and an unsecure room, by all means stay here. I however would recomend sleeping on the street. It would probably be nicer

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 January 2013

I live at Kep, Cambodia, when I come to Phnom Penh, I going Guesthouse Chicha, I had never a problem. Except January 3, 2013, I left all day by closing my door key and when I returned in the evening, I realized that I had forgotten to close my bag key. I verified my bag and I missed my shoes and all my money, $ 700, so I guess someone from staff is back in my room and rummage in my bag. The boss did not want to know when I was a former client. And this is not the first as it happens by talking with peoples who live in Phnom Penh. So do not leave anything important in your room, be careful.
Have a nice trip

Room Tip: going in Eyes of Mekong front the chicha guest house, it's more expansive, about 15 dol per room...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank jeff0007
Reviewed 28 December 2012 via mobile

The place is clean, and the staff are really friendly and helpful. The room is spacious, but the paint is chipped, the sheets have holes that were evidently made by cigarette burns, the AC wasn't working at first and the room smelled terribly of cigarette too.
Great location, less than fifty metres away from the river front and bars and restaurants. First place I stay at here, so I'm not so sure if I got good value for money.
Wifi reception is excellent though, and free. And great selection of tv channels if that's what you're into.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 16 May 2009

I spent one night at th Chi Cha hotel and within two hours of leaving my room someone was using my visa card and had stolen $30 from my bag. Most likely it was the manager of the place as he insisted I leave my key when going out to dinner. The rooms are small and musty as was the matress and pillows. Luckily I had a travel pillow which I used. The place was $10 per night and there are better (but still not so nice) places to stay at in that price range. I didn't notice the theft until the next moring when I was checking out at 7 AM but a review of my card statement showed the theft took place within 2 hours of me leaving for dinner. Even if you are broke and have nothing to steal don't stay at this place, you can do better.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business