“Stay somewhere else”

Lyon d'Or
Ranked #230 of 267 Hotels in Phnom Penh
“Stay somewhere else”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Dirty, mouldy, cold shower, noisey, stinky pillows, holey bedding (not to be confused with holy bedding), unpleasant staff... etc etc...

Good location but dreadful place. Not the cheapest and definitely not the nicest for the money.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank RyanJRees

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed 1 May 2013 via mobile

I just stayed 1 night in this city, so it was such no big deal for me and the hot water was worked ^^…
but i just cant recommended this place, this hotel is dark and dirty.. old building and the staff is not helpful at all…
If you look quite hotel, dont book this hotel since beside of this hotel is night club with noisy music, noisy people and prostitute(?)

Travellers are raving about these Phnom Penh hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2013

A friend and I stayed for one night not only due to the noise coming from the club but because my friend had a large room with a room safe which apparently could only be used with a key and not a combination. We went out for the night, returned and when we went to get our valuables we realised that somebody had been in the room while we were out, used a spare key to open the safe and they stole $500 in cash from my friend, of course he should never have had this amount of cash but the thought that someone is going through your belongings whilst u are out and had used a key to open the safe (means a member of staff) is not nice. when we spoke to the staff it was a case of them shrugging their shoulders and telling us to go to the police, DO NOT STAY HERE.

Room Tip: not stay here
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank gunner110
Reviewed 29 January 2013 via mobile

Stayed here due to good location and price, but it turns out in this instance you get what you pay for. It wasn't the cleanest and it was noisy (oh so noisy) and when anyone walked down the corridor the footsteps moved our bed - not ideal all throughout the night thanks to the pubs and clubs nearby.

I wouldn't stay here again, sorry.

Reviewed 24 January 2013 via mobile

Noisy, dark and dirty room with a makeshift window looking out on the...corridor.

The club next door played thumping music until late and whenever someone walked past our room, the floorboards moved our bed which made me jump every time!

Wouldn't stay in this hotel again.

Singapore
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Despite paying 5USD/pax with two other girl friends, we were contemplating to leave within 5min. The moment I dropped my bag and about to get dinner, a cockroach greeted me at the door to remind me the place was not as quiet as it seems. Got the receptionists to spray some insecticide and a centipede finally decided it was time to leave. It was quite creepy so we decided to move two beds side my side away from the walls which seemed infested with mould. There, one more dead cockroach. The walkway from entrance to the rooms were, honestly, stinky. Never smelt anything as bad I must admit. Even standing outside the guesthouse I was a bit paranoid. Ants on the floor aggressively bit me.

The location was not all that bad (though I did not even consider dining there) but if it was not for the huge celebration and non-vacancy elsewhere, we probably had left. Luckily it was only one night.

My tolerance is usually quite high but this place really didnt make it. It was sure skanky.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank cattidudette
Bern, Switzerland
Reviewed 13 August 2012

My room was very noisy in the evening. The restaurant below was very expensive, the included breakfast basic but ok. The staff was more or less friendly, but I have seen better. Wifi connectivity is not very good.

This place may make sense if you're always out in the evening, otherwise avoid.

If you like the bar scene, the location is probably good (riverside).

• Stayed August 2012