“Nice place but too far out of centre for walking”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Mito Hotel

Mito Hotel
Ranked #62 of 265 Hotels in Phnom Penh
ireland
“Nice place but too far out of centre for walking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

Nice place to stay. Staff very friendly and would do anything to help out but falls short as a ho alcohol for cocktails even though advertised. Food is good here too not great but edible We only stayed one night. It was enough to be honest. Hope this helps

• Stayed December 2012
Neou S, Front Office Manager at Mito Hotel, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your valuable comments and appreciating our friendly staff and efforts to strive for the best customer service for our guests. We will take into consideration of your comment regarding the alcohol cocktails and general food quality with our food and beverage outlets.
Mittapheap Hotel is having an on-going renovation and facilities upgrade to better serve our guests. We hope that you will visit us again in the near future and see how much we’ve improved in our overall services.
Thank you for choosing Mittapheap Hotel.

Hun Chanda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Indonesian first
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2012

As an experienced traveller it is refreshing to stay at a hotel that lives up to it's advertising. The Mittaheap Hotel in Phnom Penh rates 3.5 to 4 stars. The rooms are spotlessly clean, spacious, with good A/C and Internet facilities. The restaurant, coffee lounge and bar are 1st class. Great meals, both Khmer and Western at value prices.In house massage lounge and excellent tour desk. The staff are efficient, well groomed, helpful and extremely courteous. Ideal central location.... 5 minutes walk to Central Market .. 15 minutes walk to Riverside. If you are looking for a great palce to stay in Phnom Penh at a value price ..... you cannot go past the Mittaheap Hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Neou S, Director of Sales at Mito Hotel, responded to this review, 21 November 2012
Dear Value Supporter,

Warmest greetings from Mittapheap Hotel Phnom Penh!

Thank you so much for choosing Mittapheap Hotel to stay when you were in Cambodia.
We really appreciated getting your valuable review of Mittapheap Hotel on Trip Advisor and we are very impressed that you rate us up to 3.5 to 4 stars of our services and facilities. This positive review will help boost employee morale and makes management very appreciated.

Mittapheap Hotel is a 3 star Hotel and it is in the heart of City which surrounded by many interesting places such as Central Market, Soya Shopping Center, Restaurant, Bar, Club and it is 15 minutes only walk to Riverside, Royal Palace & National Museum.

We try our best to keep up our good services for our valued guests and still continue to serve our guests, in order to meet their needs and make them feel like home.

Moreover, we are pleased to thank you again for sharing your travel experiences via Trip Advisor and you support in selecting Mittapheap Hotel Phnom Penh as the place for your accommodation during your trip to Phnom Penh, Cambodia.

We do hope to welcome your good-self, friends and family back to Mittapheap Hotel Phnom Penh in the near future to enjoy the genuine Khmer hospitality once again.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012

Nice place to stay, because it on a great location in the city center. You can even walk to the biggest city attractions such as Wat Phnom, Central Market, Royal Palace, etc.

Booked the VIP room, which I wouldn't do a second time. The good thing about it was, that I got treaded like a king by the hotel staff. But it still wasn't worth the money I spent. The big bathroom was nice, but the bathtub wasn't working well, and it's not a whirlpool as I thought. I did not use the computer, because I had my Laptop with me, but the complimentary WLAN was working good and quite fast. And because the VIP rooms are on the 4th floor, directly under the roof, it was very (!!!) loud, when it was raining!

The Hotel staff is realy friendly, but their english wasn't that good.

The Restaurant was very good! Not just for breakfast (which was good, but not like very special) but also for lunch or dinner. Midrange pricing and very tasty!

Room Tip: Don't take the VIP Room as they are not much better than Deluxe, especailly not during Rain-Seas...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank meierelias
Neou S, Director of Sales at Mito Hotel, responded to this review, 31 October 2012
Dear Meierelias,

Warmest greetings from Mittapheap Hotel Phnom Penh!
Many thanks to you for taking the time to share your travel experiences via Trip Advisor and you support in selecting Mittapheap Hotel Phnom Penh as the place for your accommodation during your trip to Phnom Penh, Cambodia. We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us during your time here in Phnom Penh.

However, we are very sorry that our bathtub was not working well and you were disturbed by noise of raining, actually this is a rainy season in Cambodia and it is almost raining every day, so it was noisy if you stay in our VIP rooms because they are on the 4th floor, directly under the roof.

Please to inform you that after we got your recommendation our bathtub was fixed and now it is working well and regarding to the matter of noise, we have notified and been in discussion with top management and our maintenance team on how to reduce the noise from the roof top.

Furthermore, we will try our best to train our staff and need them to improve their English language to be able better conversation and understanding with our guests.
Moreover, we are really appreciated to get your kind review of Mittapheap Hotel on Trip Advisor and thank you again for sharing your travel experiences during you were at Mittapheap Hotel Phnom Penh, Cambodia.

Paris
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

9th August 2012 we reach early in hotel the just let us wait 15mins clean the room for us.We stay on 3rd floor the room quite nice but just abit noisy .
I am surprise when i check out on 530am they prepared the breakfast for us even they breakfast open on 630am.I am appreciated and happy stay on there.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank xiaomeiparis
Neou S, Director of Sales at Mito Hotel, responded to this review, 8 September 2012
Dear Value Supporter,

Warmest greetings from Mittapheap Hotel Phnom Penh!

Thank you so much for choosing our Hotel Mittapheap Hotel to stay when you were in Cambodia.
We are really appreciated to get your kind review of Mittapheap Hotel on Trip Advisor and we are very happy that you satisfied with our service during you stay with us.
Mittapheap Hotel is in the heart of City and busy place; especially it is on the Monivong Blvd, so some noises will be heard but we will train our staff, if the noises come out from any small innovated on the floor.

However, we are pleased to thank you again for sharing your travel experiences via Trip Advisor and you support in selecting Mittapheap Hotel Phnom Penh as the place for your accommodation during your trip to Phnom Penh, Cambodia.

Weihai, China
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

My wife, my mother in law and I are on a long vacation. I used an internet agent to book a room in Mittapheap Hotel for 3 persons, but I actually booked for 2 persons by mistake. It was too late to correct the mistake when I realized the mistake from a confirmation email. The only way was to cancel the reservation and made a new one. I didn’t want to pay cancellation fee, and I thought the mistake was not a big deal.

At check in, they gave me the same type of room as I booked, but I had to pay $15 for the extra person’s breakfast. I didn’t agree, they told me that they could lower the price to $12 if we could buy bus tickets to Siem Reap from them and ask them to get Thailand visa for us at $50 each. After my wife checked with another agent, we found out they were over charging us on visa as well. Therefore, we didn’t give our rest businesses to them.

Our room was not nice as they advertised on their website. It was quite old, a little bad smell in the bath room. The breakfast was ok, not great at all , some breads were left over from previous days. Unfortunately, we had to stay in the hotel for 3 days as we booked, because we had paid in full.

At check out, I once again explained how my mistake happened to a female manager and expressed that $12 was ridiculous for one person’s breakfast. She couldn’t speak English, a receptionist had to interpret. During the check out about 15 minutes, she was very touch, her face was very cold all the time without one little small. At the end, I paid $36 for 3 ok breakfasts

I can’t believe how the female manager was qualified for a 3 star hotel. Well, Mittapheap Hotel doesn’t appear to be qualified for 3 star anyway.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Neou S, Director of Sales at Mito Hotel, responded to this review, 7 September 2012
Dear Value supporter,

Warmest greetings from Mittapheap Hotel Phnom Penh!

We would like to apologize for your inconveniences during your stay at Mittapheap Hotel. Regarding the booking, it is correct that normally our rooms only occupy 2 persons, however if a guest needs to add an additional person, $15 additional charge for an extra person is correct, and for the extra person there is a extra bed as well as extra breakfast coupon and extra room amenities.

Furthermore, in regards to the price of the visa you inquired, prices often varies from one company to another with the length of stay on the visa, the country, any additional service fee or expedited fee. However, the staff should have provided you with much more thorough explanation about the room rate, extra person rate, and visa price.

Otherwise, we would like to inform you that our Mittapheap Hotel has 5 room types and ranking from Suite, VIP, Deluxe, Superior and Standard rooms, actually we have advertised for all room types but the room that you stay was standard room. However, Mittapheap Hotel is a bit old but we are making it a goal to upgrade our rooms and facilities. Moreover, for the breakfast, we always control and schedule every day accordingly to guests staying in house and bread always order in the morning only but according to your recommendation, we will get more strictly on this.

After some investigation into the mater, we have determined the staff responsible for dealing with the situation and have been briefed and further training has been implemented. (Also, the person you mentioned that was the manager was in fact, not the manager.) We are continuing to follow up on this matter and better train our staff to help avoid confusion with our rates and service fees. There must have been some type of communication barrier between the staff, and management will do in our power to strengthen training of communications and how to handle certain situations.

We completely understand your dissatisfaction, and hope that your experience will not forever be tarnished, because Phnom Penh Cambodia is a beautiful city, and hope that it would continuously draw avid travelers like yourself to return again someday, especially to Mittapheap Hotel.

We thank you once again for your review.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

This is the hotel I will never forget but not exactly with fond memories. I was given a twin room (on the 2nd Floor) although I had no one to share with. Two of my friends were sharing so I ended up getting a twin room all to myself. At first glance the room was neat, tidy and spacious enough. The wide window also offered a very nice view. I dropped my stuff on the nearby table and set my suitcase beside the bed near the window. Exhausted I almost jumped onto the bed when I noticed a very tiny little 'thing' moving on the other bed. Upon closer inspection, I realized that it was actually a red ‘bug’ or insect, one that I’ve never seen before, possibly unique to Cambodia. I picked it and crushed it with my hand. Yuck, I know. To my surprise, another one crawled from underneath the pillow.

With hair rising, I rushed to my friends’ room to check if they also had bugs. They had none. It was the very first time I’ve seen bugs in a hotel bedroom so I didn’t know what to do. Should I call the pest control? And then what, sleep on a bed smelling of pesticide? I thought I’ll wait it out then maybe later the bugs would have ‘magically’ crawled out of the bedroom by the time I come back after dinner. So we went out and came back. To my biggest shock, I not only found more bugs on the other bed but also found some more on the bed by the window. It’s as if the bugs have made the beds their new home. I finally decided I had it. I called the reception about the bugs, asked for pest control and requested for a new room. Thankfully, the staff who picked up the phone was very polite and understanding. Within minutes, pest control and housekeeping came, with a new key to a new room next door. After a quick check and ensuring the beds were bug-free, I hastily moved into the new room, comforted by the fact that I wouldn’t be sleeping with bugs crawling all over me. With that I think I slept soundly that night and the following night we stayed at Mittapheap.

That said our overall stay was surprisingly pleasant. The staff are friendly, the rooms are neat, the bathrooms are clean and the breakfast is decent. It was very busy during our time though so we had to take a quick bite and rush out to give way to others as tables get filled fast. In terms of location, it is walking distance to the central market and a few minutes away by tuc-tuc from the Russian market. I would still recommend it as long as you make sure your beds are ‘bugs free’ before you check in.

(Not sure if the pest controller was telling the truth but he said he’d never seen such bugs before.)

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors facing the road provide a nice view.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Neou S, Director of Sales at Mito Hotel, responded to this review, 24 August 2012
Warmest Greetings from Mittapheap Hotel Phnom Penh!

Many thanks to you for taking the time to share your travel experiences via TripAdvisor and you support in selecting Mittapheap Hotel Phnom Penh as the place for your accommodation during your trip to Phnom Penh, Cambodia.

We would like to apologize to you regarding your stay and the issue with bed bugs. Rest assured that we are taking much effort to re-evaluate and inspect all of our furnishings and bedding in order to avoid any future problems. In addition, we have made some upgrades and changes of our mattresses, bedding and linens. That said, we do hope that it does not tarnish our reputation and your feeling about Mittapheap Hotel and of Cambodia in general.

We are pleased to hear that overall you have enjoyed your stay with us during your time here in Phnom Penh.

Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012 via mobile

I stayed here as part of a tour. The breakfast was decent and the rooms were pretty nice although the bathroom flooded a bit. I also booked a car to the airport through them which was 10 dollars.

• Stayed July 2012
Warmest Greetings from Mittapheap Hotel Phnom Penh!

We are looking forward to welcoming your good-self, friends and family back to Mittapheap Hotel Phnom Penh in the near future to enjoy the genuine Khmer hospitality once again.