“Nice Friendly Hotel, Great Price, Free Internet”
Review of Mito Hotel

Mito Hotel
Ranked #60 of 267 Hotels in Phnom Penh
beijing
“Nice Friendly Hotel, Great Price, Free Internet”
Reviewed 12 April 2010

The hotel is in good location with lots of parking. I was greeted with friendly staffs at the reception and the bellboys were most eager to help me with my bags. I think the price was suitable for my needs and the rooms were furnished quite well. the best about the Mittapheap Hotel was that they provide free breakfast which i liked and fast internet. The restaurant staffs were very friendly even if they didnt speak much English. I really enjoyed the happy hour there too. This hotel is good and reasonable and i recommend to any of my friends.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank keno0777

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Indonesian first
boston
Reviewed 12 April 2010

My husband and I stayed at this Hotel and we were met by friendly staffs, and the housekeeping staffs were eager to help us many times. The food was OK, and they best part was that even if they had the usual free morning buffet, you can also order a bowl of hot noodle soup or porridge for free also. The coffee is awsome! Their staffs lack a bit of english, but can understand what we need pretty well. They also have FREE internet and let us print a few pages for free. in summary, the service and facility is good for the price that we paid. We were very sastisfied.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 19 March 2010

I stayed 3 nights here and it was quite inexpensive. I found the place to be clean and inexpensive and the staff were friendly and speak reasonably good English. It is conveniently located the city center near Monivong Boulevard and is within walking distance of the Tonle Sap River. The hotel's restaurant serves a good breakfast with both local and western foods. The hotel staff made arrangements for a taxi driver to take me to see the local attractions like S-18 Toulsleng Prison and the Killing Fields at the outskirts of town.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled solo
1 Thank AnthonyMaw
edmonton
Reviewed 1 February 2010

This hotel is so dirty. The safety box was not working. The AC wass not working properly and the water wass dripping out. Everything was not organized. The fridge wasn't working at all. The clean up ppl always moved our stuff. When we booked the hotel, we were supposed to have breakfast included. But end up, they never gave us any voucher for the breakfast. The bedsheet was so old, dirty and have stain on it. The towels stinked. They have foot massage which made us feel worse. I don't think they did a good job. And one day I had a friend came over with a baby. The baby poop poop came out of the diaper and dirty the bedsheet a little. Then when we checked out, they wanted to charge us for the mess. The reason was that they couldn't wash that off. But their bedsheet was already dirty and old enough....I never will go back to this place again.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
larbert
Reviewed 27 October 2009

Good Location, food fine for the area you are staying in. Great staff who will go out their way to help. Only down side is the noise, in a noisy part of town just of Monivogne and the Temple next door starts prayers and chanting very early in the morning

• Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
Kobe
Reviewed 28 September 2009

I found the Mittapheap hotel to be a comfortable, pleasant, hassle free place to stay. Hotel staff were friendly and ready to assist me. During my visit to Phnom Penh, they were willing to give advice concerning day trips to such places as Udong and Mekong island.
The restaurant provided a pretty good breakfast, w/ the ever friendly staff so typical of Cambodian hospitality. Room amenities were basic, eg. mini bar, complimentary drinking water,coffee, and korma ( Cambodian scarf ), and clean.
Each room comes w/ a personal safety deposit box and the corridors are frequently patrolled by security, which I found reassuring.
To be honest, I can find nothing wrong w/ this hotel. Had a very enjoyable 1 week stay there. My only "problem" was perhaps the location. Within walking distance to the central market, but a little far from the other attractions such as the Royal palace and Sisowath Quay riverside area.
Would recommend this hotel to those who are looking for a reasonably priced, friendly place.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank generallolo
Australia
Reviewed 17 September 2009

I stayed here for 2 nights before flying out to Siem Reap. The hotel is pretty centrally located within Phnom Penh, only a 5 minute tuk-tuk ride down to the waterfront. The hotel has a couple of restaurants/bars, I checked out the cafe on the ground floor to use their free wi-fi, the food was ordinary and the wi-fi didn't work. There are some free internet terminals in the lobby, but they're constantly busy or the computers crash. The hotel also supposedly has free in room wi-fi - but as I found out, it only works in about 20% of the rooms.

The hotel staff were next to hopeless in trying to answer my questions about this and about exchanging money or finding a local convenience store. It also took hours for them to provide my room with towels which housekeeping hadn't left in my room when I checked in. The rooms were clean, but as the hotel is right near a Buddhist temple, it was loud, as you can hear the noise from that 24/7.

If you're only in town for a night, the hotel is probably tolerable. But beyond that, I'd be looking somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo