“Great place for a date or an evening out with friends”
Review of Le Saint Georges

Le Saint Georges
Ranked #34 of 1,566 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Le Saint Georges in Phnom Penh offers a delicate cuisine from the South west of France, Bretagne and French Polynésia . Great place to meet friends for lunch ,after work or romantic Diner.
Reviewed 31 May 2016 via mobile

An extremely friendly and welcoming French owner with an obvious passion for the food, wine and overall enjoyment of his guests helps to make Le Saint Georges the great restaurant it is.

The food was delicious, the wine very nice and the setting relaxed and comfortable without being either overly formal or informal.

The owner is specifically trying to give people a taste of his native SW France so expect mainly (though not exclusively) specialties of that region.

I'm looking forward to going back.

Date of visit: May 2016
NicolaSaintGeorges, Gérant at Le Saint Georges, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for this nice description of the restaurant.
I'm really happy you enjoyed the concept and your meal.

See you soon
Nicolas

Write a reviewReviews (271)

Reviewed 26 May 2016 via mobile

Looking for a change from Cambodian and a chance to experience something of French Indochine culinary history we chose Le Saint Georges. Ok it was close by and after the rancid smells of the local food market with flies on eveything we weren't going to eat local. It was also rated #10 in Restaurants but I cannot see why. If you want French cuisine well prepared and presented this is not for you. Classic French maybe but do you really want Foie Gras pate followed by bloody steak drowned in cream and more Foie Gras and accompanied by floppy green beans. My partner wisely chose the Toulouse sausages with raw gralic mash and onion jam, lighter more suited to the 36 degree outside temperatures. Go here if you want to talk French with the manager, drink some reasonable wine and want a change for superior quality Asian food.

Date of visit: May 2016
1  Thank GregCannon
NicolaSaintGeorges, Propriétaire at Le Saint Georges, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2016

Dear Customer,
Thank you for visiting us.
For be helpful with other users, i want to add we have 12 regular main dishes, and only three with foie gras in their composition.
So, I feel sorry for you if you not enjoyed your choice.
Anyway, the topic of the restaurant is to show an authentic and traditionnal food from south-west France. Foie gras is in the heart of the culture of South-West France, so this is one of the speciality of the restaurant.

Best regards

Reviewed 9 May 2016

We decided to splurge one night and it was soo worth it!! Enjoyed an amazing bottle of wine, foie gras appetizer and we both had a duck dish. I highly recommend going with any of the duck dishes. The fried potato side was cooked perfectly, wish I knew how they got it mashed potato like on the inside but crispy on the outside. Perfection!

Date of visit: March 2016
NicolaSaintGeorges, Propriétaire at Le Saint Georges, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2016

Dear Amanda S,

Thank you very much for your comment and for your visit.
I'm very glad to feeling you enjoyed your meal.
We will continue to try to make the best.

Kind regards

Reviewed 6 May 2016

We were looking for a new place to try and we found Le Saint Georges which had an enticing menu with a good amount of options. Overall, I enjoyed my meal here and thought it was "A-OK." I really liked the atmosphere and about half of our dishes but I don't think I'd make a return visit.

Date of visit: April 2016

Dear Customer,
Thank you for visiting us.

Best regards

Reviewed 23 April 2016 via mobile

The duck special was delicious. Moist inside and they added a mixture of Sausage and lentils to it. Because there were no veggies, we requested a side salad. Although the leaves were beautiful and fresh, I would have liked to see some tomatoes, maybe some yellow peppers or something, not just green. But thats a preference. Therefor I still gove it 4 stars.... As whatever I had here, truly tasted incredible. The waitress was very attentive and we never had an empty glass. Water was consistently refilled.

Date of visit: April 2016