We stayed at the Pavilion for 2 nights and the experience was fabulous. Booked the garden bungalow which was perfect for two. The rooms are very well planned and includes all the required amenities including a desktop and wifi. Pavilion has a great locational advantage. It is right in the middle of the city. You can walk to the Royal Palace, Mekong river, Independence monument. You can hire a tuk tuk from outside the hotel as well.
Within the hotel, there are beautiful lounge seats around the pool shaded by palms. In spite of being in the city centre, the noise does not reach the hotel. Pavilion has a spa attached and the massages are a delight. We took two consecutive long haul flights to get to Phnom Penh and the jet lag revival massage was just great.
Grace, the manager is extremely helpful. She booked our tickets to Siem Reap and ensured our stay was very comfortable.
The food at the poolside bar is excellent. We are both vegetarians and did not have any problems at all. There are many restaurants within a 2 km radius around the hotel as well.
From the airport, you can hire a tuk tuk to Pavilion for $8. Everybody knows this place. The Pavilion's website also has directions to the hotel in Khmer - keep a print of this just in case. They hotel has a list of all places to visit and how much to pay for the tuk tuk. This is very helpful.
I would definitely recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It all started when we fell in love with a hidden gem of French-Khmer architecture from the 1920s near Wat Botum, one of the most venerable and original pagodas in Phnom Penh. Renovation and remodeling were led with due respect for the character of a building which had been, as we learnt it later on, a private retreat for Queen Consort Sisowath Kossamak, the late King Sihanouk's mother. Opened on August, 18, 2006 with 10 rooms, The Pavilion has slowly expanded over the years, offering now 36 accommodations throughout three more period buildings that have been added to the property: "The New House", former residence of the chief veterinarian at the Royal Palace; "The New Villa", formerly the private residence of a Cambodian senator, and "The Sun-Pool Villa", our latest addition which used to be lodgings for diplomats based in Phnom Penh. Each one has its own style and atmosphere, with distinctive architectural features such as an elaborate wooden stairway, intricate iron wrought railings, etc… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your The Pavilion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pavilion Hotel Phnom Penh
- Pavilion Hotel Phnom Penh
- Pavilion Phnom Penh