I have never written a review before, despite accessing them all the time on Tripadvisor.....but after my stay at The Pavilion I just had too. I have been living and travelling in Sth East Asia for a long time and I have never been as impressed with a place as I have been The Pavilion. The setting is pure heaven, the staff professional and thoughtful, and the rooms have everything you could think of. To lay around the pool in that luscious garden during the day, drinking mango smoothies is divine. I'm amazed its not a 5 star rating.
But the thing that impressed me enormously is the obvious commitment the owners have to their staff and to improving their lifestyle. I inadvertently heard the owner in a meeting with some of his staff ( I had had a massage and was drinking my tea on a lounge bed) - and his dialogue was respectful, encouraging and positive. Then after lots of talks with staff, who spoke of their bosses encouragement and help in formulating their future plans - I cant think of a place I have stayed in that has a more ethical and worthwhile approach to their staff. The whole place feels well thought out, considerate to guests and staff, at the same time as providing pure comfort in a beautiful setting. I come to Cambodia often and will always stay here in the future. Just heavenly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It all started when we fell in love with a hidden gem of French-Khmer architecture from the 1920s near Wat Botum, one of the most venerable and original pagodas in Phnom Penh. Renovation and remodeling were led with due respect for the character of a building which had been, as we learnt it later on, a private retreat for Queen Consort Sisowath Kossamak, the late King Sihanouk's mother. Opened on August, 18, 2006 with 10 rooms, The Pavilion has slowly expanded over the years, offering now 36 accommodations throughout three more period buildings that have been added to the property: "The New House", former residence of the chief veterinarian at the Royal Palace; "The New Villa", formerly the private residence of a Cambodian senator, and "The Sun-Pool Villa", our latest addition which used to be lodgings for diplomats based in Phnom Penh. Each one has its own style and atmosphere, with distinctive architectural features such as an elaborate wooden stairway, intricate iron wrought railings, etc… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Pavilion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pavilion Hotel Phnom Penh
- Pavilion Hotel Phnom Penh
- Pavilion Phnom Penh