It is a really amazing boutique hotel. The ambiance itself offers such a relaxing feeling already once you set foot inside. They welcomed us with a yummy Cambodian dessert and a refreshing drink with scented cold towels, just what we really needed in the hot weather. The front desk people were very pleasing and are fluent in English. On top of the welcome drinks and the friendly faces, we also got a free massage in their beautiful spa room. I stayed there this week with my mum and I booked a room with a private pool. The pool was bigger than what I've expected! You can dive in it! Our room had a touch of modern and traditional Cambodia. It was very clean and well prepared. The welcome fruits were also very fresh!
The key to our room was broken but fortunately, it was handled swiftly by the maintenance in just 5 minutes! We also got try some very delicious canapés and Sangria since they needed to fog the place that time. We had a sumptuous breakfast! All of the food was cooked exactly the way we asked them to. The bar staff was very polite and courteous and assisted us in all our simple requests. It was hard to leave this place! will definitely come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It all started when we fell in love with a hidden gem of French-Khmer architecture from the 1920s near Wat Botum, one of the most venerable and original pagodas in Phnom Penh. Renovation and remodeling were led with due respect for the character of a building which had been, as we learnt it later on, a private retreat for Queen Consort Sisowath Kossamak, the late King Sihanouk's mother. Opened on August, 18, 2006 with 10 rooms, The Pavilion has slowly expanded over the years, offering now 36 accommodations throughout three more period buildings that have been added to the property: "The New House", former residence of the chief veterinarian at the Royal Palace; "The New Villa", formerly the private residence of a Cambodian senator, and "The Sun-Pool Villa", our latest addition which used to be lodgings for diplomats based in Phnom Penh. Each one has its own style and atmosphere, with distinctive architectural features such as an elaborate wooden stairway, intricate iron wrought railings, etc… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Pavilion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pavilion Hotel Phnom Penh
- Pavilion Hotel Phnom Penh
- Pavilion Phnom Penh