We stayed here for two nights at the start of our 10 day stay in Cambodia and loved it so much that we booked it again for our last night stay in PP before we flew out the next day.
We originally stayed in one of the executive suites, room 23, which was absolutely stunning! It was spacious and well laid out with gorgeous features and a nice large outdoor area! This along with the hotels beautiful looking pool and dining / bar area, excellent location and extremely friendly and helpful staff made this a truly beautiful stay.
However, we then re-booked the suite for our last night but unfortunately upon arrival there had been an issue with our booking / room and the suite was not available (we are assuming that it had been given to another guest) and we were downgraded to a superior room.
This room was not as nice as the suite and had some small issues, i.e. dodgy door handle on the inside which made locking the door quite difficult, remote control and computer screen not working but all in all as we were only there for one night so we were happy enough.
I would have easily rated this a 5 if it were not for these booking issues as this is a beautiful boutique hotel which I can highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It all started when we fell in love with a hidden gem of French-Khmer architecture from the 1920s near Wat Botum, one of the most venerable and original pagodas in Phnom Penh. Renovation and remodeling were led with due respect for the character of a building which had been, as we learnt it later on, a private retreat for Queen Consort Sisowath Kossamak, the late King Sihanouk's mother. Opened on August, 18, 2006 with 10 rooms, The Pavilion has slowly expanded over the years, offering now 36 accommodations throughout three more period buildings that have been added to the property: "The New House", former residence of the chief veterinarian at the Royal Palace; "The New Villa", formerly the private residence of a Cambodian senator, and "The Sun-Pool Villa", our latest addition which used to be lodgings for diplomats based in Phnom Penh. Each one has its own style and atmosphere, with distinctive architectural features such as an elaborate wooden stairway, intricate iron wrought railings, etc… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Pavilion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pavilion Hotel Phnom Penh
- Pavilion Hotel Phnom Penh
- Pavilion Phnom Penh