We were picked up from the bus station in the hotel's jaguar after a hot coach journey from Siem Reap. The driver was on hand with ice cold flannels which were much needed! A short drive through Phnom Penh and we arrived at the door on street 19.On going in through the door it's like stepping back in time. A lovely pool surrounded by lovely greenery and on walking into reception it's like an old colonial house from the 50's. We had booked a room with a private plunge pool for 5 days and it was worth every penny. After a long hot day visiting places it was fantastic coming back getting a drink from the fridge and jumping in the pool to cool down and relax. Very romantic at night with the subtle lighting illuminating the pool. The room was well equipped and very clean. Breakfast was lovely, served by the pool with fresh fruit, bread basket and a good selection from the menu. All the staff were friendly and booking in and out was quick and hassle free , we would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It all started when we fell in love with a hidden gem of French-Khmer architecture from the 1920s near Wat Botum, one of the most venerable and original pagodas in Phnom Penh. Renovation and remodeling were led with due respect for the character of a building which had been, as we learnt it later on, a private retreat for Queen Consort Sisowath Kossamak, the late King Sihanouk's mother. Opened on August, 18, 2006 with 10 rooms, The Pavilion has slowly expanded over the years, offering now 36 accommodations throughout three more period buildings that have been added to the property: "The New House", former residence of the chief veterinarian at the Royal Palace; "The New Villa", formerly the private residence of a Cambodian senator, and "The Sun-Pool Villa", our latest addition which used to be lodgings for diplomats based in Phnom Penh. Each one has its own style and atmosphere, with distinctive architectural features such as an elaborate wooden stairway, intricate iron wrought railings, etc… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Pavilion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pavilion Hotel Phnom Penh
- Pavilion Hotel Phnom Penh
- Pavilion Phnom Penh