“Not sure what other clients saw we missed.....?”
Review of Paragon Hotel

Paragon Hotel
Ranked #217 of 281 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed 16 January 2013

We stayed in this hotel 2 weeks ago and were very disappointed in it. The room wasn't clean, we had cockroaches in our bed, the door had big gaps in it letting in mosquitoes at night. Also there were some unsavory looking people hanging around the hotel. We found a very nice hotel around the corner for less money that included a good breakfast. I would not recommend this hotel, as there are so many better values in PP.

Room Tip: Try the Indocine 2 in PP, We have stayed there twice and its a great hotel. The staff is very frien...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 January 2013

The room were clean and fine. The service was OK. They helped me on several aspects. They gave me indications and they were highly flexible on many things. I spent a good time with them. I would go again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 December 2012

I have stayed at The Paragon several times in the last six years. It is situated in the best place on PP's waterfont, the waterfront in front of the hotel has been completely remodelled, it is now a showplace. I always ask for a riverfront room, . I like the two person bathtub! and especially like the ones with private balcony. Staff are friendly, the place is safe and clean, you can't beat it!
-Professor Paul Nugent

Room Tip: Ask for riverfront, costs more bu the view is vry interesting, still a steal for mid 30's
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 November 2012 via mobile

Two young females travelling alone we were looking for safe, affordable, comfortable accommodation. The paragon hotel offered this and more. The staff were very friendly and always happy to answer your questions as best as possible. We stayed in room 104 which had 2 double beds, tv, aircon, fridge, bathroom with bath/shower and balcony overlooking the busy street of Sisowath Quay. The rooms were cleaned everyday. We Organised a tuk tuk rider through the manager and found his friendly character wonderful which made our tour around Phnom Penh easy. We also booked a bus to Siem Reap through the hotel. Would defiantly stay there on our next visit.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 23 November 2012

I went to Sisowath quay and looked for a room from one hotel to another on the riverfront area when Phnom Penh hotels were fully booked for a regional summit and I found that this was the right choice. I looked for a room with the perfect river view, no trees, no buildings or no billboards blocking the view from the private balcony of the room and I had just that in this hotel. Value for money, staff is polite and helpful. the room is ok but the bathroom is clean, the one we had looks newly renovated, and I would suggest the hotel management to change the color of the curtain and the lighting in the room to give it a more polished look. It shows serious efforts to provide improved service and facility. It is a simple, clean and affordable place to rest your head after a long walk around the city. We bought ice cream in a nearby gelateria and thought of going upstairs to relax but then we remembered that we had our own balcony to relax so we just returned to the hotel and enjoyed our ice cream while people-and-river-watching from the privacy of our balcony.

Room Tip: Get room 304 for a private balcony and good view to the quay
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2012

I have stayed at the Paragon Hotel the past four times I've been in Phnom Penh. It's a great location right on the river just a short walk from the palace. There are many restaurants and shops in the area and the river walk is a great place for an early morning run. It's a simple, clean, well-run hotel and the staff is very helpful and accommodating. Right next door, on the corner, is a nice little restaurant where I love to sit and have breakfast and watch the city wake up. Rooms have air conditioning and there is a lift. The rates are very reasonable.

Room Tip: They have many inexpensive 'inside' rooms without windows but I find them too dark for my ta...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Rhiar23
Reviewed 15 October 2012

i put meny of my friends in this hotel and never had any complants .it is one of the best situations you can find ,central to everything over looking the park on the river side .clean rooms of a very good standard with air con and a lift and very helpful staff .the room rates range from $17 to around $27 depending on room, has to be one of the best deals in phnom pen for where it is and what you get .

Room Tip: $17 rooms no windows good deal you can still walk out on balcony overlooking the river and if your...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends