I first stayed at the Royal Guesthouse over 3 years ago. As with most people who arrive in a new city, I wanted somewhere safe, clean and relatively cheap. This place provided it and more as well – the family were / are very friendly and helpful, it has great wifi, the food is more than acceptable and the coffee is excellent. They will accept late bookings by email and if you know the place a request a certain room or floor, then they will try, and usually do, manage to accommodate.
I have been living and working in S E Asia for over 10 years now and nowhere is perfect, if you are looking for western standards for eastern prices then you will be disappointed. But that would be true of any hotel in Asia outside of the mega tourist destinations. This is a small guesthouse run by a family who, in my experience, are as honest as you will find. They will be courteous and civil with anyone who is the same to them, sadly there are some who are not.
I have stayed 4 times in total now, but the last time was over a year ago and so was pleasantly surprised at the redecoration that has taken place and the newly designed ground floor reception and restaurant /café area. It was good to see the family again and I will be going back the next time my journeys take me to Phnom Penh. I have no hesitation in recommending it to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located close by to the riverfront area, Royal Guest House is the perfect place to experience Phnom Penh and its surroundings. From here, guests can enjoy easy access to all that the lively city has to offer. With the city's main attractions such as River Front, Night Market Market, Royal Palace, National Museum, Pub Streets within close reach, visitors to the hotel will just love its location.At Royal Guest House, the excellent service and superior facilities make for an unforgettable stay. The hotel offers access to a vast array of services, including shops, poolside bar, bicycle rental, family room, pets allowed.Experience high quality room facilities, including separate shower and tub, fan, satellite/cable TV, desk, television, to help you recharge after a long day. Besides, the hotel's host of recreational offerings ensures you have plenty to do during your stay. Enjoy unparalleled services and a truly prestigious address at the Royal Guest House. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, HostelWorld, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Royal Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Guesthouse & Cafe Bar Hotel Phnom Penh
- Royal Guesthouse And Cafe Bar
- Royal Hotel Phnom Penh
- Royal Hotel Cafe Bar