We arrived at this guest house with a prior booking, but were told that our room wasn't available until the next day, so we had to stay in the downstairs room for the first night. We were shown to this room, just behind reception, but only stayed for a few minutes. The door had obviously been kicked in in the past, rendering the lock useless and meaning that anyone could just push the door open.
So we were given a family room for that night instead. One of the beds was dangerously broken and there were items belonging to the previous occupants in the room.
We were given 'our' room the next day, which was fine, but we noted that the door opposite us also had signs of forced entry.
The laundry service is overpriced and our laundry was returned to us still damp and some of the items had bits of string sewn into them - our guess is that they wash all together and do this to work out which item belongs to which guest at the end.
The staff in general ranged between dismissive and surly. Coming home late one night we discovered that the staff sleep on the footpath outside the guest house!! I would be surly too!
Overall, just not a positive experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located close by to the riverfront area, Royal Guest House is the perfect place to experience Phnom Penh and its surroundings. From here, guests can enjoy easy access to all that the lively city has to offer. With the city's main attractions such as River Front, Night Market Market, Royal Palace, National Museum, Pub Streets within close reach, visitors to the hotel will just love its location.At Royal Guest House, the excellent service and superior facilities make for an unforgettable stay. The hotel offers access to a vast array of services, including shops, poolside bar, bicycle rental, family room, pets allowed.Experience high quality room facilities, including separate shower and tub, fan, satellite/cable TV, desk, television, to help you recharge after a long day. Besides, the hotel's host of recreational offerings ensures you have plenty to do during your stay. Enjoy unparalleled services and a truly prestigious address at the Royal Guest House. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HostelWorld and Agoda so you can book your Royal Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Guesthouse And Cafe Bar
- Royal Guesthouse & Cafe Bar Hotel Phnom Penh
- Royal Hotel Phnom Penh
- Royal Hotel Cafe Bar