“Lunch Buffet is Disappointing”
Review of Hagar Restaurant

Hagar Restaurant
Ranked #329 of 1,487 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Price range: US$3 - US$8
Cuisines: Asian, International
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Chefs at Hagar Restaurant love to create varieties of cuisine for you to choose from our Breakfast selections to International and Local Lunch Buffet . We use bountiful ingredients found in Cambodia and incorporate those flavors into our cooking.
Reviewed 6 February 2013

The staff is very friendly, but the food was not good at all. I have eating khmer food many places in Phnom Penh and in the provinces and I just feel that they have missed the mark. The price is cheap, so I guess you get what you pay for at a buffet. For those looking for a full stomach with some vairety and at a cheap price, I suppose it is worth checking out.

Reviewed 26 January 2013

From the reviews we were expecting something rather special. In terms of the food we were not so impressed. Of course this is another training restaurant for less privileged children so certainly cannot fault the work they are doing. But in my opinion the food is better at other similar establishments such as Friends or Romdeng.

Reviewed 15 January 2013

affordable buffet dinner during the 2012 christmas ever dinner. we loved the fish dish. the beef was too chewy. cakes were great. better to book a reservation.

Reviewed 13 January 2013

Best value Christmas lunch ever at $17, complete with roast Turkey and all the trimmings. Would receommend booking as Hagar does get very busy but the food and the staff are fantastic.

Reviewed 17 November 2012

I went for a walk along the riverfront and saw all the tourist prices there, and could not believe I was really in a poor country. Then I rented a scooter and found Hagar on Tripadvisor. The $6.50 lunch buffet was really great, 4* hotel quality at a bargain price. Chicken salad, and fish was delicious. Free wifi was nice as well. My only complaint is that I went to use the men's bathroom and it was dirty, so better attention to this area would be nice. Also the desert choice were not my thing, they need something with chocolate like a cake, mouse, tart, etc.