Fancy Guest House
US$230
US$194
Trip.com
G Mekong Hotel(Phnom Penh)
US$67
US$37
US$33
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfancy guesthouseair conthe riverroyal palacekandal marketno windowquiet streetsilver pagodabars and restaurantsnational museumfantastic stayhot watermin walkcentral locationfridgetvriverside
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My second stay at the Fancy Guest House and certainly not my last! A superb and exceptionally clean guest house in a great location...Mr Phannak, his family and staff are without doubt the loveliest people you could ever wish to meet;nothing is too much trouble and I thoroughly recommend anyone visiting Phnom Penh to stay here. You will find cheaper accommodation but you will not find more helpful and caring staff always there to tend to your needs; thank you Mr Phannak and to all your family and staff; I will see you again in late October. Anyone in the hospitality industry in the UK should visit the Fancy GH to see how its done properly!

Room Tip: The front rooms with the balconies are really lovely and you can watch the daliy/nightly activities in the street below; the back rooms maybe a little quieter but all the rooms I have stayed in were excellant
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I booked a room through Fancy's website. When I showed up, the manager explained they didn't have a room for me and sent me to his friend's hotel. When I asked him about the cost and whether or not I should settle the bill with the other hotel or him, he said "he would pay for the other hotel". I figured I was getting a room for free since he made a mistake and didn't honor my reservation. I went to the other hotel called Super Star. It was nasty. The room was filthy and it was very noisy. I didn't complain or move because I was getting it for free. The next night I moved to the Fancy. The room was basic, but very nice. No complaints there at all. However, when I went to check out, he had the nerve to charge me two nights at the full rate after inconveniencing me and sending me to the nasty hotel. Not cool. I wasn't in the mood to argue, I paid him less for the nasty room, but still far more than it was worth.

If it wasn't for that little sneaky maneuver, it would have been a nice stay. All in all, I actually would recommend it. Just have a plan B in case they don't hold your reservation and make sure they don't pull any tricks on you.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank UT_Kong
Reviewed 23 January 2014

An impeccably family run small hotel, super clean and very efficient. We stayed in room 406 at the back of the hotel, light & airy and very quiet, with a very Phnom Penh view over the surrounding roof tops. Their Vietnamese visa service was totally trouble free and was one of the reasons we chose this hotel. The rooms with balcony at the front also look very nice. The river is less than 5 mins walk. If you know your arrival time the hotel will arrange to pick you up; overall they give the impression that nothing you ask would be too much effort.

Room Tip: Room 406 at the back, or the rooms at the front with balcony, are the nicest.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay here! Hotel is situated in a quiet place and you reach a lot of sightseeings by walk. Room was cleaned every day, staff very friendly and you have your own safetybox at the desk.
The only thing: the higher your room is situated, the less wifi-connection you have.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank parusso76
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Very basic rooms and clean and well appointed, albeit old and a bit dated. One of the nice things about this place were the staff, so super friendly and very helpful with everything we asked.
Even on the day we checked out the lady gave us water and cashew nuts, as she had learned that we had no money left, until our next destination.
I would definitely stay here again.
Only one gripe, ALL of the windows and some doors had locked grills on them, when I asked what to do in case of fire, they said ' dont worry, just stay in your room' - 3rd floor, grilled windows!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends