Let me start by saying that I am somewhat loathe to provide negative feedback about this place. It has many things going for it, including a lovely pool area and excellent front desk staff, who were both friendly and helpful. However, I must in all honesty agree with the previous reviewer about the condition of the suite room – it is simply unacceptable for the price (I paid $US 110 plus 10% tax). Given that this is the most expensive room at Villa Langka (by a fair margin I might add), I would have thought that there would have been more attention paid to its cleanliness and maintenance. The tiled floor in particular was extremely poor – my son tripped and fell numerous times due to unevenness of the surface caused by loose tiles. The bathroom was also dirty and poorly maintained. The great pity about deficiencies such as these is that they would not cost much to repair – certainly a lot less than the damage it has done to their brand and resulting loss in business.
Following are my pros and cons for this property:
- Lovely pool area. Great place to escape the heat and dust of Phnom Penh.
- Front desk staff were happy to assist with any enquiries and always greeted us with a smile when we entered the property.
- Room size was excellent and the addition of a sizable balcony made it an extremely useable space (albeit not maximised in my opinion due to poor layout of furnishings).
- Food served in the restaurant was generally of a high quality.
- Location was okay - close to Street 278 with easy access to plenty of cafes and restaurants. Getting to anywhere else in PP requires a tuk tuk however.
- As previously mentioned, the condition of the suite room was very poor – décor and furnishings were also not what I expected given the price.
- The suite room was in my opinion was poor value for money. Given that the highlights of this property are the front desk staff and pool, I would say that the cheaper rooms would be much better value.
- Service at the restaurant was inconsistent – some of the waiters were good (i.e. friendly and knowledgeable about the food) whilst some were very bad (i.e. abrupt and not willing to provide any information whatsoever)
I had originally booked a total of 8 nights (in two separate blocks of 4) at Villa Langka, however we ended up cancelling the second booking and going to the Phnom Penh Hotel instead. For about the same price as the suite room at Villa Langka we got a club room at the Phnom Penh hotel which was, in my opinion, much better value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming Boutique Hotel in an oasis of calm, Villa Langka offers a private hideaway in central Phnom Penh.Hidden in a fragrant garden surrounding a shady pool, Villa Langka Boutique Hotel overlooks the ancient spires of Wat Langka Pagoda and is located just around the corner from the Independence Monument and the popular street 278, with its shops, bars and restaurants.Villa Langka Boutique Hotel offers 48 unique rooms blending contemporary elegance with Cambodian traditions, 24 rooms in a traditional khmer villa and 24 rooms in a contemporary building.Escape from the heat and bustle of the city, relax and lose yourself in secluded tranquility.Ideal location and atmosphere for both leisure and business travelers! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa Langka reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Langka Hotel Phnom Penh
- Langka Hotel Phnom Penh