“OK if you want to be near the bus station for the south coast buses”
Review of Asia Palace Hotel

Asia Palace Hotel
Ranked #182 of 270 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Tring
“OK if you want to be near the bus station for the south coast buses”
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Very conveniently located for the south coast bus station, and the Central Market (well worth a look for its art-deco design, and market contents). Tired sort of place - smelly vestibule (largely stale cigarette smoke); room we had was adequate but reasonable value for money. Very thin breakfast, and not much in the way of decent eating places within walking distance - we ate at Pho-Pho, on the recommendation of the concierge, which was OK.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Minnetonka
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I stayed about the whole month of September and found the Hotel staff warm, friendly, and helpful, from the Hotel manager to front desk, buffet attendants, housekeeping staff, and anyone I have missed. I very much enjoyed he time I spent in the Hotel and found the room to be very comfortable and quiet. I appoligize for the tardiness of this review but I did not know there was a tripadvisor for this Hotel until I had gone on-line to check on availability of rooms for an upcomming trip. Yes I will be booking there again!~ Hello to Mr. Sa, Jenna, Nari, Luck and all the Staff!
CYA Soon!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
Australia
Reviewed 27 April 2010

This is a really big hotel with no atmosphere. The rooms are very big, but they are pretty tired. They are carpeted and I found them to be a bit smelly. The front desk were initially very rude, when they were prompted by the word of "trip adviser review" they brightened just a little bit. The "buffet" breakfast is terrible. The worst we had in a month of travelling through Vietnam and Cambodia. We spent our first two nights in phnom penh here, and I was ready to leave, as it turned me off a bit. I wouldnt stay here again.... not when they are so many other better hotel for almost the same price with pools and nice atmosphere.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Phnom Penh hotels

Malaysia
Reviewed 9 July 2009

If you come by express bus (Mekong Express Limousine Bus) from Vietnam to Phnom Penh, the bus will stop at a bus stop nearby this hotel. There are many tuk-tuk driver waiting for customers. Pay no more than USD1 to the hotel as it is nearby.

Asia Palace is quite a modern hotel managed by locals. The Superior rooms are big, spacious and clean. Room entry is by magnetic card. No problem with a/conditioning at all and water heater is always hot. However the breakfast provided are quite limited and need improvement by having more varities and quality food. Mainly oriental food with toast bread. Go early for your breakfast or else you will get leftovers as refill is very slow.

The hotel's location is quite strategic along the long Monivong Boulevard. Very close to Old Market (200m across the Monivong Blvd) and Sorya Supermarket where you can get fastfood easily. Even the ground floor of the hotel has a burger restaurant. There are always tuk-tuk driver (can sit 4 person) waiting outside of the hotel to ferry you to the places of sightseeing at USD15 per day or USD2 per way. Taxi fare to airport is fixed at USD10 and tuk-tuk cost only USD5. It is for you to choose.

• Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
4 Thank Magte
Los Angeles
Reviewed 2 May 2009

I stayed at Asia Palace with 5 of my coworkers for a week during our business trip in Asia. It was such a great hotel. The staff was great -- very friendly and hospitable to all of us. Our needs were very well attended to. I felt secured staying in the hotel (there were security cameras all around), considering it was my first time to be in the country.

Hotel Facilities:
They have a little section next to the lobby that serves amazing French - Italian coffee. As for entertainment, the hotel is connected to a popular fast food, very convenient for Westernized or European people.

There is a casino on the second floor for people who like to gamble. The casino's staff is also very nice. They provide free food when gambling.

Regarding my room, everything was fantastic. I got a suite for a decent price. When I got there, the room was cleaned but not up to my standard, so I called the bell desk and asked them if they can send some staff to further tidy up the room. A team of five ladies came and they cleaned up my room. However my other coworkers' suites were up to their standards. They loved their room very much.

I realized that that wasn't going to be my last trip to Cambodia as we have scheduled future trips there (both for work and leisure). With that in mind, I wouldn't hesitate staying with Asia Palace again. I highly recommend it to travelers to Phnom Penh.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
Vienna
Reviewed 15 January 2009

We arrived at the hotel without a booking quite late at night after a very long boat journey from Chau Doc, Vietnam. The aircondition did not work in the room the hotel gave us. They tried to fix it but without success. So we had to pack all our stuff again and were upgraded for the night. On the following day we moved again to a another room where we stayed three nights. Breakfast is ok, room is spacious and bathroom, too. The location of the hotel is good, for 1.5 USD one can get a tuck tuck to go to the Royal Palace. The Asia Palace Hotel is not the best hotel we have stayed in but it is it is worth the price.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — No swimming pool
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sydney
Reviewed 13 November 2008

The Asia Palace Hotel was advertised as a 3 star hotel. We have stayed in many 3 star hotels in a number of countries (including SE Asia), and this hotel was significantly below the standard of all those other hotels.

The airconditioning did not work in our room. After drawing this to the staff's attention, they were unable to make it work. We were moved to a second room where the airconditiong took 2 hours to drop from 28 to 22 degrees. After 2 hours one small bag containing biscuits became infested with ants, which were swarming from the wall across the room to the bag. The hot water was barely lukewarm. Neither bedside light worked. The carpet in both rooms and the hallways was dirty and stained.

A "western breakfast" was advertised. "Western" comprised toast and Lipton Tea only. We love Asian food, but not for breakfast. All other SE Asian hotels we've stayed in also offered cereal, fruit, eggs and/or bacon.

We were booked for 3 nights, but only stayed one - and that only because it was late when we checked in.

Stayed November 2008