Central Mansions
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Hotel Zing(Phnom Penh)
View Hotel
Sunway Hotel Phnom Penh(Phnom Penh)
  • Restaurant
Asia Hotel(Phnom Penh)
View Hotel
La Maison d'Ambre(Phnom Penh)
  • Breakfast included
Diamond Hotel(Phnom Penh)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsserviced apartmentclean apartmentsnice apartmentlonger termtuk tukshort staysingle roomnice swimming poolstaying in phnom penhthe ground floorlaundry servicepoolsgymjacuzzicambodiaexpatsbedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 March 2014

What a great hotel, we could not believe the Elegance of the place after we had paid so little. Starting from check in to checking out 3 days later the staff made our stay as enjoyable as they possibly could.
The rooms are very nice and clean,spacious have lovely powerfull showers.
We didnt feel to comfortable walking back there late at night but that is easily got round, just take a tuk tuk back.
Great value for money, i would highly recomend this to anybody staying in Phnom penh

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Phil H
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Stayed here for four nights on business and would definitely return next time we are in the city. Many other guests seemed to be ex-pats working in Phnom Penh on long term projects although others were tourists staying for a only a few nights. There had been a mix-up over our booking (not their fault) but this was handled faultlessly. The only available accommodation was a three-bedroom two bedroom apartment with living/dining/kitchen area so we could easily have been self-catering had we chosen to do so. Everything was finished to high-end Western standards. There are two large pools, a fitness centre and a small but very good restaurant on the ground floor which offers local and Western dishes. They even serve perfectly boiled eggs with 'soldiers' (fingers of buttered toast to dip into the 'just runny' egg yolks). My abiding memory of a memorable stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank CambridgeElizabeth
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I lived here for several months while I was working in Phnom Penh. Therefore, I will rate this from the perspective of a long term stay guest/renter instead of an a short term tourist.

Service in Cambodia is generally quite good from a hospitality perspective. Even 2 star guest houses usually will provide similar levels of service to western 3-4 star properties. So, when I say that service was outstanding, you know it was something. The staff learned my preferences and made sure my needs were taken care of. I always felt like I could reach out and get anything taken care of within reason. There were many times when the staff went above and beyond to make sure I could pull off a good dinner party or happy hour to entertain colleagues. management was always just a phone call, email, or office visit away.

Mr. Kim is the man who holds everything together. You can usually find him behind the front desk or running around making sure the front of the house is in order. If I needed something taken care of I went to him. It didn't matter if it was room related or just needing to get a watch repaired, he made it happen. If I could afford a personal assistant (or actually needed one), I would steal him away at the first chance.

The rooms are generally pretty nice. I moved into a brand new penthouse which had a few appliances that the local staff were not familiar with. Khmer kitchens usually don't involve dish washers, so I had to give the maids a class on how to use it. They quickly figured out it was far more time efficient just to wash my dinner plates every day though. All the rooms I saw were newly renovated and overall very livable. The only downsides is that on the western side of the hotel your sleep might be interrupted by some school kids 6 days a week around 6:30 am. If you can get over that, or get a higher room, or a room on the other side of the hotel, the rooms are very livable.

There is a western restaurant in the lobby which is also very good. The food is excellent and they will deliver up to your room. I joined their loyalty club and walked away with 3 mugs by the end of my stay.

The pools and gym are also very nice. I often killed some time in a little bit of paradise relaxing in either of the picturesque renovated pools. The gym has a good variety of equipment and adequate space. If you will be staying for a while, you can have the staff recommend a trainer for higher as well.

The only downside for short term stays is that there isn't a free breakfast. However, each room has a kitchen, so you can cook something up. If you don't want to cook, you can eat in the lobby or if you are very adventurous higher a cook for the duration of your stay. Khmer food is delicious! The front desk can hook you up.

Whether you stay here short or long term, my best advice would be to get to know the staff and never be afraid to ask for something. They never disappointed me.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the east for a great view of the city. If you can get a few nights in the east facing penthouses, the views and balconies are great!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank X61624
Reviewed 22 January 2014

One of the best hotels in Cambodia. Yes , I have been to Cambodia , quite a few times and this is by far the best hotel I came across. The best part of Central Mansions is the unique personal touch and highly trained staffs. The owner who sat the front desk was very helpful and took extra attention of all guests staying at the hotel. Spacious rooms, well-fitted, with modern amenities and large bathrooms. The breakfast was however a slight disappointment. We had our meals at adjoining restaurants and cafes, mostly because there’s too many local eatery joint all across the streets and we wanted to try out local cuisines at those road side restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We stayed at Central Mansions for a total of four nights, split in between by a trip to Siam. We were very happy with the apartment. It was spacious, clean and well maintained. Ideal if you are travelling as a family or a larger group. It even has an almost full kitchen, convenient for breakfast and small meals.

It is very centrally located, and is a five minute tuk tuk ride to the Central Market. The hotel tuk tuks were always available when we needed them and were reasonable, compared to the other tuk tuk drivers with whom we had to haggle with a little bit. Most times the tuk tuk drivers knew where the hotel was located, and if not, we just showed them the business card that the hotel provided, with the name and map on the rear. We had no issues at all finding our way back to the hotel, after dinner.

The apt we were given during the latter two nights, we were not thrilled with. But when we complained, the property manager himself came and met with us even though it was his day off. Turns out that the apt had not been used for some time, and housekeeping did not do a good enough job of sprucing the place up. Once they gave it a thorough cleaning, it was fine.

The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. They arranged for a reliable taxi for us for Siem Reap and back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family