Diplomat Hotel and Business Center
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$137
Priceline
US$99
Aka Hotel(Astana)(Great Value!)
US$37
All reviewsthird floorexpensive hotelbig roombed was comfortablewalking distancerecommend this hotelfree wifikhan shatyrcomfortable staythe hotel staffhotel is locatedmonument
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I was in Astana for a 2 weeks business trip. This was the first time I stayed at Diplomat - wanted give it a try (I stayed in other hotel here). It is nicely located. The modern city center is just in front of you. I can't say that dining options in the area are that good but definitely one can find a place to eat nearby. I had a spacious room with large soft bed, a small coach, and a nice round table. Well, I had almost everything for rest and work. The bathroom was clean, also pretty spacious. The laundry is rather cheap, the quality is in accordence to the price.
Still, after a week at Diplomat I just had to move to another place (my choice was recently built Park Inn). The day I arrived to the hotel they had a serious problem with their IT service and the whole hotel had no wifi (which is pretty important for a business traveller). I believe, they tried their best to have the system recovered. But a week later, I still had no interenet. Well, this might be just an occasional situation and I just had a bad luck but apart from that the hotel has some other drawbacks worth mentioning. In cold periods, the rooms are generally cold her since they have a panoramic windows lacking a good thermoprofing set up. Literally you can feel the wind from the outside. The only heating option is the airconditioning system. But it seems that it doen't work. My room was like a fridge in the morning. And besides it's pretty noisy. Oh yes, the other day the air was with a tint of smoke. The bathroom was good but you can easily spot many things broken or out of order. Breakfast is poor. While you can always order eggs, all other food options don't look that attractive (imagine pieces of cheese and ham after hours on the open air). Cofee is just disgusting, you better go to the lobby bar to have one. The hotel doesn't have dining options except for the lobby bar. The menu is very modest but the food seems to be fine. However after a week there I can tell you that it really depends on the cooking teams in charge - they are changing. The overall impression od Diplomat is that the hotel is overpriced taking into account the quality of their service. I'm writing this review from Park Inn, and I can confirm that for almost the same price you can get a much better service. See my next review on Park Inn soon.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Ulfner, General Manager at Diplomat Hotel and Business Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback from your stay at the Diplomat Hotel & Business Center in Astana.
We are very happy to hear that you were delighted with our services provided during your stay with us.
We highly appreciate your constructive feedback on areas for improvement, which is very valuable for us in our continuous strive to deliver excellent guest service satisfaction and value for money.
On behalf of the entire hospitality team of the Diplomat Hotel & Business Center, I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel and we wish to see you as our guest soon again.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

As alaways in Astana there is a choice between renown intrnational chains with mad prices or medley of other hotels and guest houses, built and run according owners own ideas of what the hotel shall be like. So, finding a good hotel is really a lottery... Can't tell Diplomat was a jackpot but in my own ranking it got quite high scores
Pros: well located in the centre, I was walking to a meeting, good quality food, good enough bathroom and bed
Cons:not well trained personnel, continuously diappering Wi-Fi, full wall window looks not well isolated, can be cold in the winter

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Oleg S

Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

Among the overpriced options in Astana this is a reasonable option. Decent bed and quite good breakfast. Rooms are huge so if you need to work or have meetings it may help. Did not have time to try or use wifi. No bottled water invkuded but they waved the fee when I said I uswd one bottle from the minibar.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 September 2013

The hotel is certainly not 4 star as it claims to be it's 3 star max and I have stayed in better 3 star hotels elsewhere. The first room I was given had 2 single beds (very small ones at that) after having asked for another room with a double bed I was given another one. This particular room was actually dangerous for ones life. The socket unit which had all the electric devices from lamps plugged into it was broken and was falling out of the wall with all it's "guts" (wires) sticking out. The socket was placed next to the top of the bed where your head is when you sleep. After informing the reception about it they sent an electrician who said it cannot be fixed instantly and I will have to wait for a while. This was at 5 o'clock in the morning....Only after practically shouting at reception staff they gave me another room.

The bathrooms are very poor and I wouldn't event mention the toiletries. The mini bar is not replenished everyday, rooms are cleaned in a very relaxed manner. The only good thing I can say about the hotel is the room service food that I ordered and it was really nice and tasty.

So if you are after a rather cheap hotel (by Astana standards) and are not expecting much then it's fine to stay there. If you want a good quality hotel stay at the Rixos but expect to pay a fortune for it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank EugeniaRo
Okan K, Genel Müdür at Diplomat Hotel and Business Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear Eugenia,

Thanks a lot for your positive & negative comments. Sorry for your unhappy experience in Diplomat Hotel. Please make sure that all your inputs already started to be considered in detail.
Hope to have a chance to welcome you again and to change your bad memories to good ones with us.

Best regards,

OK
GM

Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

This is nicely situated on the main plaza by the monument. Great location. The rooms are getting worn, carpet has rolls, bathrooms are clean but wall paper peeling and face of tub was falling off. The beds are ok. The buffet breakfast is good. Based on price of five star hotels, this is good value for money. It's probably a 3.5 star

• Stayed: July 2013