Stayed here three nights on business and really enjoyed it.
The hotel has great atmosphere and character. I prefer places like this over soul-less Western box hotels. Grand Park Esil is a hotel with history.
*The front desk. They were polite and helpful and spoke perfect English.
*My bed was comfortable and the room (while not huge) was big enough to be comfortable. There were not a huge amount of channels, but luckily at least one was showing the World Cup.
*The location is good - just a short walk from a shopping centre (across the road) and 2-3 blocks from the riverside, which is lively and scenic.
*The pool is small but very refreshing.
*Cleanliness of common areas and my room (which did *not* stink of smoke or feature insect life)
*The room service I ordered from the night menu was hot and tasty
Room for improvement
* Breakfast. There is a decent variety, but it is not presented very well. And I know Central Asians are tea drinkers, but it really is pretty poor to have the only coffee option be Nescafe.
All in all, this is a place I would happily stay in again if I return to Astana (and I hope I do!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Park Esil is a four star Hotel in Astana. The Hotel has 126 room with air-conditioning system, separate water reservoir, diesel generator and boiler for uninterrupted cold and hot water and electrical power supply. It is located at the Central Square of the capital of Kazakhstan, nearby the governmental offices, museums, banks, shopping malls, and river promenade and park area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Park Esil reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Park Esil Hotel Astana