“cries for renovation”

Ramada Plaza Astana
Ranked #20 of 61 Hotels in Astana
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Ramada was literally the first international hotel in Astana but now its shine faded - it looks old with ancient facilities and needs urgent renovation. However staff worked fine and proved to be helpful - but indeed this is not a solution. To avoid grumbling will simply put a list of what I have noticed there: lifts are terribly slow - hate spending time waiting for it or in it;upper floors have very low hot water pressure - shower is not working properly; bathroom was reasonably clean but the bath had scratches painted over with rough smears also there was no drain plug in it; cosmetics provided but no single piece of soap; bathrobe was grey not white and has become a sort of sandpaper being washed for years - unlike towels which were soft and new; in the room the chair has broken and myself fell down on my back - tnx God the carpet was soft enough; TV set seemed to be older than Steve Job's company - could hardly watch anything on the screen while it was not receiving half of the channels. I remind you - this one is declared as a 5-star hotel...
On the upside the room was spacious with a nice view, the climate system worked well, the hotel environment was quiet in general. The breakfast choice was extensive but dull - no house speciality except for nice pastries and chunk honey.
Also there is a nice hotel option - day tarriff meaning you pay less if arriving early in the morning . This should be booked via email (not a website) or phone call.

Room Tip: upper floors lack hot water pressure
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
cem c, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Astana, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear Alexander,
First of all, thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Astana. Please accept our sincere apologies for the not meeting your expectations this time. We understand that the hotel needs for changes and let me inform you that all the facilities and living area of the hotel will be renovated very soon.
Each client is special for us and every day we are trying to provide our costumers with the highest level of service. Also thank you for note that we have different tariffs for the people coming from all over the world at a different time to make their stay more comfortable.
There is no limit for perfection, thanks to your reviews we will do our best in the future.
Ours in service Ramada Plaza Astana.

There are newer reviews for Ramada Plaza Astana

Reviewed 24 September 2013

If you would like value of money, i suggest to stay in this Hotel.
Staff is open, helpful and positive.
Room is quite big for standard room. I feel good talking with staff. The hotel locates in old part of city. I enjoy walking from hotel to main street.The weather was warm and shinny.
This part breathers with her own interesting life.

Room Tip: Try, will never regret
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Ganio,
Thank you for your comments. We are really glad to hear that you liked the stay in our hotel and have a good time in old part, meeting history of Astana.
Hope you will come again.
Best regards, Ramada Plaza Astana.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

I have stayed 4 nights in September and got mix of feelings.
The hotel has been constructed in a palace style.
The room size was generous, but only reasonably clean, looks like it needs a little bit handier.
First time in my life I saw a mini-bar being sealed each day by a red tape.
I had to call to the reception every day for bottled water; however they should bring it automatically.
Internet, of course, was chargeable which looks nowadays anachronism.
Breakfast was OK, but the coffee – horrible. They do not provide sandwiches / snacks if you are leaving early morning in spite of that its cost has been already paid via the room charges. I have argued it with the reception, but then I understood that it comes from the manager. Meantime, the hotels in Atyrau and Aktau, where I used to stay, are happy to assist in such cases.
The stuff, especially in the reception, was very polite and trying their best.
This hotel is not situated in the centre of Astana and very expensive, so I think has no good value for money. It was first business trip to Astana; for personal stay I would rather go to a different place.

Room Tip: the hotel is situated in quite street, so all rooms should be same
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Eliyar53
cem c, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Astana, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Greetings from Ramada Plaza Astana Hotel!
Thank you for your feedback and sharing your experience with us and other Tripadvisor users. Let me reply to you review as it comes with a disappointment we have not met your expectations. Especially thank you for comments on specific details that will help us to make the stay of our guests more comfortable. Want to ensure you our team is working hard to provide service of high quality and we will do our best to avoid it for the future.
I still hope we will have a chance to host you in Ramada Plaza Astana Hotel soon. In the meantime, please let me wish you in the name of our team all the best.
Wish you the best!

Reviewed 12 September 2013

This was a very short business stay. The check-in was slow, but generally staff were competent. Flight crews got priority check-in, which is reasonable given their frequent stay contract. Rooms are very comfortable and well appointed. Reasonably large, quiet, and with a nice city view. Breakfast was very good with a wide selection and a comfortable selection of seating arrangments; quite international. Location in the city is near many shops and the older districts that are more established. It is a bit distant from some government and financial offices across the river, but that is relative given the size of the city.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Greetings from Ramada Plaza Astana Hotel!
Thank you very much for your positive feedback and sharing your experience with other travelers. We appreciate you taking the time to write a positive review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the Hotel location. Especially thank you for your positive comment on the hotel service and breakfast buffet. Please be aware that all your comments are very important for us
Wish you all the best and we are looking forward to see you again in our hotel for your next visit in Astana.
Best regards

Reviewed 23 August 2013

The hotels in Astana charge outrageous prices. As such, this hotel may be a necessary choice. But it is neither in the new, nor the old centre (close to the latter). it is very outdated. Depressing fitness centre. Spa is OK. Very friendly and nice Turkish owned restaurant downstairs. Rooms very colorless. Staff inexperienced but try to the good.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Feyzi E

Greetings from Ramada Plaza Astana Hotel!
Thank you for taking time to give us feedback regarding your stay with us and other Tripadvisor users.
It comes with a disappointment we have not met all your expectations. We are taking all the comments seriously and it is part of our standards to ensure the guest's satisfaction and to make sure we have done things right for you. Let me inform you that many changes will be done soon inside and outside the hotel.
We still hope to have a chance to host you in the Ramada Plaza Astana Hotel in the future.
Wish you all the best.
Sincerely

Reviewed 19 July 2013

The hotel is at a first look not bad at all. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Impressive lobby with nice bar. Once you come to the room, it is clear they are very old and not up to date. Shower head was broken, and it took up to 10 minutes to get hot water. AC was broken. Old furnitures in room and bathroom. I do not understand how they stillncan charge 250USD per night, but I understand why the hotel was empty.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Gilles R

Greetings from Ramada Plaza Astana Hotel!
First of all thank you for taking time to give us feedback and sharing your experience with other travelers. It’s a disappointment to hear that we failed to meet your expectations. We deeply value our relationship with each costumer and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service. Please accept my sincere apology for inconvenience you have experienced during your stay and let me ensure you we are working hard on technical solution to avoid any problems with water supply and air conditioning before the full renovation of the Hotel which will be done soon. I can assure you that it is very important to my team and me make sure that you feel happy with us.
Hope that we will have one more chance to host you in Ramada Plaza Astana Hotel in the future!
Wish you all the best!

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Stayed at Ramada Plaza in May as other hotels were full due to the Astana Economic Forum days.
As I knew Astana well enough and had been to Ramada Plaza before, I mostly knew what to expect from the hotel so Ramada did not much surprise me.
Though it's the first 5 star hotel in Astana, and some new and luxury hotels appeared with time, I still found Ramada's Interiors luxurious and the hotel itself good for staying. In its Windsor lounge you can find a cosy place for a glass of wine and a friendly chat. Turkish restaurant (Sultan restaurant) serves a very good food. Breakfast served in PUCCINI'S restaurant is as well with a variety of choices. I never had lunch after this breakfast.
Staff is friendly and provides service with a smile.
Rooms are in need of renovation, but still clean and comfortable. Bathroom has all necessary toiletries, normal quality. Toilets were changed daily.
I really loved Wellness Centre and think it’s a wonderful place to relax. Besides it’s included in the room’s price.
As a conclusion I would say that I prefer Ramada Plaza to Rixos as I like location better.

Room Tip: Ask for the room on the high floor, not facing the construction site
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Greetings from Ramada Plaza Astana Hotel!
First of all, thank you very much for taking time to write a positive review. On behalf of our entire staff here in Ramada Plaza Astana Hotel we would like to thank you for your loyalty and we are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us. It will be pleasure to share your comments with our staff. Every day we work hard to ensure that our product and service delivery meets expectations of our customers.
Once more thank you for choosing Ramada Plaza Hotel, Astana. We are looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel anytime.
Let me wish you the best,
Best regards!