“A very good Hilton, best sleep quality in Astana”

Hilton Garden Inn Astana
Ranked #1 of 54 Hotels in Astana
Durham, England
“A very good Hilton, best sleep quality in Astana”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Good quality hotel. I booked through the Hilton website (cheaper than the booking agents sites) and got 33% discount for a 'no cancellation' deal.
The hotel is new, so everything was clean already but the room servicing was very good.
The staff are generally friendly.
The air con is a bit aggressive so a little cool for my tastes, particularly at breakfast time with no hot plates - but I am being pedantic.
The beds and bedding are truly excellent - best nights sleep I have had in a hotel for a very long time.
I think the location is very good. Everything I wanted to see in Astana in easy walking distance.
Perhaps the reviewer Troy M didnt know that one street behind the hotel there is a long road full of themed bars and restaurants (600m away), between Khan Shatyr and Mega Mall. All the ones I tried spoke enough English to get by.
No ATM at the hotel, but many are close by, Khan Shatyr, Silk Way (Saryarka Shopping Centre), Mega Mall and another 5 between Khan Shatyr and the Presidents Palace.
If you get a deal, definitely the best hotel in Astana, no need to pay sky high prices when you can get the same quality and service at the Hilton.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SimonPDurham
udilsinan, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Astana, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Thank your very much for your comments. We will be happy to see you again at Hilton Garden Inn Astana and offer you better service. Warm Regards, Sinan Udil

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Lima, Peru
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The Hotel is a typical Hilton Garden Inn. Very new and very nice. The Staff is great!The only draw back is the location. It is a bit far from rest. and pubs. I do not speak Russian or Kazak so I had to walk about. Clsest Pub is about 3 Km away. Very good stay none the less! Would alos be great to have an ATM in the lobby.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

udilsinan, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Astana, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank your very much for your comments. We will be happy to see you again at Hilton Garden Inn Astana and offer you better service. Besides, we will be happy to offer you recommendation concerning the restaurants and bars.

Vienna
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The usual Hilton experience - so far so good. The Hilton in Astana is brand new and staff tries hard to be friendly and helpful. There is only one thing that did not meet my expectations: I left an (important) message for a colleague at the reception (in writing since I was not sure he would check his electronic messages right after a late night arrival). This message was important for our next day business meeting - and unfortunately it was lost in internal communication between the receptionists - resulting in the message not being delivered :-( this should not happen in a Hilton. Apart from that: nothing to complain about

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

udilsinan, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Astana, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
I am really sorry about the incident with your message. We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with our services. We will be happy to see you at Hilton Garden Inn Astana and offer you better service. Please feel free to call me or my front office desk for future reservations.

Warszawa
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This hotel was indeed a great value for money (special summer offer - wish it continues...) but also helped me with feeling OK despite having to work over the weekend, rather far away from home. especially in Astana, staying in simply good conditions was revelation, after other hotels with more fancy ads and sky-rocket prices. This was almost like home.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Mu Stay in the hotel was during my participation in (The Astana Economic Forum 2014 ) , the hotel was so nice and the level of the service was so professional starting from the reception to the manager , The rooms is big and clean and have all the required services . Especially the manager Mr. Sinan he was very friendly seeing him always in the lobby looking after the customer asking them how he can be helpful to them.
I will be visiting Astana in Next September and I will be in the same Hotel for sure.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
udilsinan, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Astana, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Mr.Fahmi,

Mumbai, India
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed here for two nights on the 10th day after its opening. This hotel is therefore brand new and faces some serious challenges.

Check in was extra-ordinary long at the end of which I was told I cant enter my room for another 2 hours because their system that activates the room keys is down. They then arranged for house keeping let me in using the master key. The rooms are basic and typical of a modular fitting type B&B type hotel - slight plasticy feel to the interiors. Same for the bathroom. Bathroom was small and basic.

TV in the room did not function on day one. On complaining they fixed it but it showed only a fraction of the listed channels. Same story all over again on day 2 and in the second room I was moved to (more about that later).

The heating in the room was completely out of control. Very hot to cold the temperature would swing and in room temp controls dont work.

Breakfast was the only meal I ate in the hotel and was the biggest disappointment. By 9 am on both days most of the stuff on the buffet was over and I was told there was no more in the kitchen to replenish the buffet. Shockingly they managed to run out of bread on the second day as well. Coffee served is instant and one needs to pay for brewed coffee.

Room wasnt cleaned on both days. Bed made and towels replenished but dustbins not emptied, biscuit crumbs on the carpet not cleant.

The second day the safe deposit box in my room would not function. After 2 hours of deliberation with 5 men in my room they decided that it was not a software problem but a mechanical one. They manually pulled out the cupboard from the wall (modular) unscrewed the safe from the cupboard and drilled two large holes into the safe to get in open. I was moved to another room given the mess in this one and was grateful to get my passport and money back.

Check out was another event. I was charged approx $300 for drinks and food at the bar which I dint incur. I asked for receipts that would demonstrate me having signed those charges to my room. They scuffled around and then took off the charges. Not sure what they were trying to do. All this close to an hour gone.

All in all average rooms, below average service and disappointing breakfast. Location is nice in the summer months when one can walk around. Need a cab to go anywhere in the winters. i would try and avoid if I could. Not that there are many quality options in Astana.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Amits
udilsinan, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Astana, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank your very much for your comments. I am deeply sorry that you have experienced some problems during your stay. We could unfortunately have some technical and organizational problems due to recently opening. I am quite sure that you will have a much better stay if you will come again to our hotel.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Very nice welcoming personnel, helpful in addressing any issues, good breakfast and variety of food. The best location in Astana. Staff is very kind. The management of the hotel improves the service everytime! I appreciate your hospitality. Thank you.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business