“Simple & Delicious”

Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
New York City, New York
“Simple & Delicious”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I had been reading about Cafe Faiza, but wasn't exactly sure what to expect. After a few days in Bishkek, I quickly realized that I love most of the local dishes, as they remind me of my grandmother's cooking (she's Eastern European). The food at Cafe Faiza was incredibly simple, blintzes (bliny), plov (rice with lamb) and the lamb shashlik (kebab) were all wonderful. I could've had way more, but decided to show some restraint. I'll have to go back before I leave.

• Visited February 2014

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Austin, Texas
“Good food fast!”
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

A great place for traditional Kyrgyz food! Service is quick and the food is delivered even faster. This place was recommended to us by a Kyrgyz local who regularly eats here. We were not disappointed!

Visited February 2014
Nieuw Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Authentic”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Just finished dinner at this very local and authentic place. The menu was unreadable to me but I just pointed to the other guests' choices and the cute waitress understood me easily. Started with a soup and finished with kind of spaghetti with meat and peppers. The tiny chewing gum that came with the bill just made my day.

You shouldn't consider this place if you are looking for a cosy or warmly decorated restaurant because the decoration is very... former Soviet, the lights are bright but I do feel like I have been to Bishkek now.

• Visited January 2014
Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
“best samsy, boso lagman and manty”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

this place is always busy because the food is good. Many people come here inspite of the discomfort of waiting in line to get a table. there are many places in town who offer meals for the same price but is not as tasty. for a meal for two usually i spend about $6-7 USD.

• Visited January 2014
Indian Head, Maryland
“Delicious Kyrgystan food!!! A must try!”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

This place was delicious. The Manty was incredible. I also had Beef Strogonoff which was also amazing. My girlfriend had the carrot salad and Blini and said they were amazing. I was to busy eating meat to try them. Also very reasonable prices. I will be eating there again!

• Visited December 2013