“A little underwhelming but pretty good pasta”
Review of La Gondola - CLOSED

La Gondola
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Pasta dishes were very good in terms of sauce and fillings for raviolini, although the pasta was a little too thick.
Wine list very good, with prices to match.
Service was excellent.
The atmosphere was good for a romantic meal, but under other circumstances it would have been a bit too quiet and not altogether inspiring. In mitigation, we did eat fairly late so may have missed the busy period.
Overall a good meal but a bit underwhelming as an experience.
From experience of other visits to La Gondola, the lunch set menu is tasty and very good value indeed.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

The title really says it all. I had pasta which was really not that good and a dessert ("chocolate sausage") which was dry and had little to do with chocolate. It wasn't worth the money and I wish I hadn't eaten there.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I stay in Vientiane and I go to La Gondola at least once a week. It serves genuine Italian food in a great atmosphere; linen table cloth and napkin, good menu choices, quiet. The staff are very friendly and helpful. If you want a change from Lao food, go to La Gondola.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

I was accidentally found this restaurant as I came back from Night market (by the Mae Khong River) and walk toward my Hotel and notice this small place(like a house turned restaurant) looked cozy & green. At first, I would stopped by for just a Beer but eventually, as I saw others, I ended up order food. Since I was that hungry,therefore,I ordered light meals such as Minestrone Soup, Dory Filletto and finished with Tiramisu. To my surprise, it was a good judgement to eat here. It's taste good and owner cum chef came to greet and asked how was the food which was a good action. price wise was reasonable by Laos standard. I will returned for sure when in Vinetiane again in future.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

La Gondola is a small, older, well-established Italian restaurant, run by an Italian expat, and located in the city center. It is NOT a pizzeria. Price range is low-moderate, compared to similar, newer restaurants. The decor is neutral and comfortable. The staff and owner are very helpful. Four of us ordered different dishes, with mixed experiences. The steak and the fish were very good, as was the salad dressing. A home-made pasta dish was too salty - a common experience in Vientiane restaurants. The house red wine was not expensive and acceptable. Overall, I am pleased with my several experiences at La Gondola and will return again.

1  Thank John F