“Nice little hotel!”

Avalon Hotel
Ranked #36 of 93 Hotels in Vientiane
“Nice little hotel!”
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Good room (I believe 4th floor rooms are better), good air conditioning, quiet and cosy.
I'd avoid the breakfast and rather wonder around one of the many French styled coffee shops in the area.
Over all, good quality/price ratio.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Chonburi, Thailand
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Having stayed there before I was surprised about the construction of a second building of this hotel which in essence keeps the daylight out of half the rooms apart from the dust and the (daytime) noise.
As a solo traveller I paid for a double room; upon check-in I noticed that I could have had a single room for a little more than half the price.
The car park (me travelling by private car) was a problem and I kept moving the car around as there is no private car park available; despite being mentioned with car parking on the internet.
The room itself is nice, clean and functional; fairly fast Internet too. I might not use this hotel next time again :-(

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Good location. Not right in the middle of everything but close enough (5 minute walk). Very quiet as it is on a back street.

Room was a good size and clean. Good bed and the TV had a few English channels you could watch (a bit of a hunt but that is not the hotels fault). The breakfast is nothing to write home about.

For the price a very good option. I have rebooked there for a night on the way back out of Laos

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Great value for that price. We have very nice stay in that hotel. Only 10 minutes walk from centrum and Mekong river. Construction site near by hotel was disturbing, but its only temporarily. Breakfast was not nothing special, but its ok.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Arizona, USA
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel while on a tour so I can’t comment on the price or value, but it was a good place to stay. The room I had was of decent size with a queen-sized bed, a wardrobe, a TV stand and a fridge. Didn’t use the TV as we got in late. Lighting was good. There was plenty of hot water. Air conditioning was available, but it was cool and not needed. Very little counter space in the bathroom. The wifi only worked intermittently. Some noise (music) from next door, but I put in my earplugs and went to sleep. When I woke up later all was quiet, but it started up again at 6 in the morning. Breakfast was adequate, with a choice of an omelet or fried eggs, toast and fruit.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room if you don't want to listen to music.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank jspace63
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very nice and has small rooms. It is clean and well kept. The location is very good. We stayed here beginning of December and decided to leave the hotel after one night. When we opened our window to see our view we discovered the construction works. The staff ( complete families) are sleeping in the building and this is annoying if you want to sleep in! The stop at 2400 and start at 0630 hrs. Unfortunately we tried to change our room but the other wing of the hotel was fully booked for the night.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PieterTel

Travellers are raving about these Vientiane hotels

USA
Reviewed 4 December 2013

This is my second time to the hotel, but I must say that I will not be coming back for the following reasons: the internet is not working except in the lobby, the water stays cold during the shower until I was about to get out. Sorry, Avalon... Adios.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business