“Friendly and excellent valued hotel in the centre of Vientiane” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Khamvongsa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vientiane
Hotel Khamvongsa
Ranked #4 of 196 Vientiane B&B and Inns
Stockholm, Sweden
“Friendly and excellent valued hotel in the centre of Vientiane”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2009

I had an excellent stay at this hotel. The staff was very friendly and service-minded. The Continental breakfast was great - I really miss the fruitsalads and the Lao yoghurt. The Swedish pancakes is also a most. The hotel is excellently located just a few steps from the river and close to shops and restaurants. The rooms are quiet, clean and modern and decorated in very tasteful Lao style.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2009

A lovely, clean, stylish hotel with helpful, friendly staff and an owner who went out of his way to help me when I needed it.
The rooms (and apartments) are spacious, great beds with firm (but not hard) mattresses and crisp linen. My ensuite bathroom had a powerful wet room style shower but plenty of room so the rest of the bathroom didnt get wet. It was all spotlessly clean, with a fridge, tele including English and French channels, air-con and fan.
The breakfast was great - lots of options from Lao style, bacon and eggs, pancakes, fresh fruit, yoghurts and croissant.
There is also free internet access.
The location is good - just a few seconds walk to the river with its food-stalls, and it's also close to one of the best restaurants I ate in while I was there (Mak Phet).
But most of all the consistently friendly and helpful staff were what made my stay there particularly enjoyable, and as I say, they went out of their way to help me when I encountered some difficulties.
My fellow guests were a mixture of aid workers, business men and women and holiday-makers. This place is not a backpacker/party place, but I found the atmosphere very laid-back and gently sociable: even though I was on my own, it was easy to have a chat or find company for dinner.
This hotel is really good value, and spotlessly clean but it's the staff who really make it a great place to stay. I've put the contacts on here because I don't think there is a website yet.
email: [--]