““BEWARE-Breakfast not included!””
Review of Vayakorn Inn

Vayakorn Inn
Ranked #23 of 97 Hotels in Vientiane
Reviewed 6 September 2013

You should know that this hotel rate is from $35 and above but the breakfast is not included. You can order extra breakfast served at the hotel with $4. In most of the local or cheap hotels that I stayed, breakfast is included event with the room rate $ 25-30. If you have no problem with the breakfast, this hotel is a good choice.

Room Tip: You care for the Feng-Shui should not choose the Room 205 which is opposite the elevator. My colleag...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank vudoanaea3

Reviewed 1 September 2013

This hotel was nicely decorated with dark timber in Asian style, was very clean and had good air-con. Of huge benefit is its location - close to cafes (Le Banneton makes great, if a little pricey baguettes) and is only 10 minutes to the night market on the promenade. It is also easy to walk around Vientiane in general, but this hotel was fairly central to few local landmarks and 15-20 minutes to the morning market.

Room was clean, large, had a fridge and good wifi on the first floor. Good value for a mid-priced hotel.

Tip: Vayakorn Inn is in easy walking distance to Vayakorn House. It's a street parallel (behind VH, should the tuk-tuk driver argue that they can't find it or aren't willing to drive around the block due to the one-way system).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ithacles
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We stayed at the Vayakorn Inn for 7 nights in July 2013. We were in room 101, which was a corner room with 2 balconies. We really enjoyed our stay - our airport pickup was ready and waiting for us, we were allowed to check in early, and our check-out was smooth.

In response to the previous review, it was clearly stated that breakfast was charged extra ($4 per day per person). We only opted for breakfast on one morning, and this is all we were charged for.

Our room was spotless, HUGE, and had an excellent A/C. We had no issues whatsoever with bed bugs during our 7 night stay. Wifi was spotty but worked most of the time. There was a handy fridge in the lobby with water and beer at reasonable prices.

The hotel is in a great location, very close to lots of restaurants and about 5-10 mins from the night market and river.

We wouldn't hesitate to stay again!

Room Tip: Can recommend room 101.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RosieTucker
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

I was all set to give Vayakorn Inn great reviews, until we checked out. Upon checking out I noticed a charge of $40USD with the code ABF. I questioned what it was and they told me it was the breakfast charge. Now I don't expect breakfast to be included all the time but everywhere we have ever stayed in SE Asia, a simple breakfast is included! Nowhere does it say that breakfast is not included, until you pay on checkout and it says 'breakfast not included' on your receipt! Bit late at that stage. Never do you have to sign anything to charge it to your room & there are no prices anywhere on the table card which you order breakfast from. I think it is quite deceptive to be honest! If I had of known we were paying for bread & jam, I would have gone somewhere else & got something I actually wanted to eat.

The second thing that happened on checkout was that our car to the airport was late. We booked the car the day before. So we are waiting out the front for a while & I think I should check on it with reception & they tell me 'wait 5 minutes, we just called it for you'. What the hell did I book 24hours before for?? No apology at all.

Other than these issues, which really left a sour taste in my mouth, everything was good. Excellent location. Staff generally friendly & room clean with good air-con. Also good selection of channels on the TV & room has a fridge. Our airport pick up on our arrival was also seamless.

So, in summary, just make sure you know what you are paying for so you don't feel ripped off.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank VeganMummy
Reviewed 10 July 2013

The lobby is clean, rooms are nice, but check for bed bugs! As I was about to sleep I picked one off my leg, even though I already checked they are hard to find when they hide.... They only come out at night mostly. We lifted all the sheets off after finding one to find a couple more. That was enough for us we ended up checking out around midnight no hassle and got our money back.... Nice hotel but bad experience with bugs, check before you sleep. As I'm not sure what methods they will use to eradicate them...... We stayed in room 305 or 304? First room on the right...

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dyllon P
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed at this lovely hotel for three nights. The hotel was absolutely spotless with beautiful wooden floors and furniture (guests are required to take their shoes off in the lobby). Our room and bathroom were really spacious and nicely decorated. There was a great range of TV channels and the air conditioning was fantastic. One the main downsides though was that for the whole time that we were there - the WiFi didn't work in our room and the reception staff seemed to be unable to to anything about it. Anytime we wanted to use the internet we had to go to the lobby. We didn't get the best sleep either as the beds were a little on the hard side and there were a lot of noisy barking dogs during the night.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I stayed at the Vayakorn Inn for three nights, and found it very pleasant. The rooms are large and comfortable, with a safe in the room, nice bathroom good range of TV channels and good aircon. I was on the top floor, and not troubled by any noise. All is very clean, with attractive decorations throughout and beautiful woodwork (no shoes upstairs to preserve the lovely floors). There is a wide range of local and European eating places, and lots of shops for anything you need within a 5 - 10 minute walk. On-line reservations were prompt.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo