“Lovely Little Place to Stay in Vientiane”

and 1 more site!
Auberge Sala Inpeng (Mekong Riverside Inn)
Ranked #5 of 202 Vientiane B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 June 2013

A Great Choice for those looking for a 'Boutique Experience' rather than a large Full Service Hotel. This is a Hotelier's considered opinion.
Centrally located, in a quiet locality, Sala Inpeng is within easy walking distance of almost all of Vientiane's attractions, Night Market and 'Happening Streets' with wide variety of Restaurants and Cafes, offering almost every type of cuisine, to suit all tastes and budgets.
Wooden Buildings on stilts, set in a nice garden with fruit trees and flowering shrubs.
Clean rooms, about 15 - 17 Sq Mts, with Fan, AC and Large Teak Beds, Mosquito nets for those that need them, Mini Bar with very reasonably priced Beer and Soft Drinks. Neat Clean Bathrooms.
The Deluxe Rooms have a a shared sitting room. All Rooms have sit out Verandahas, where breakfast is served every morning.
Excellent Clean Linen, daily change of towels and good Housekeeping. While good soap, tissues and ear-buds are provided there is no shampoo or conditioner, so bring your own.
Service is Impeccable and mostly unobtrusive. While very little English is spoken, the Young Ladies at reception Malai Thong and Vadsana as well as the Owner Mr. Sayaxit himself will generally understand and accede to any request with genuine smiles and goodwill.
Suggestions are offered when requested, with no attempt to hard-sell tours or outings.
The negatives, very few, one of course would be the Continental Breakfast, of Juice,, a little portion of Seasonal Fruit, a Croissant along-with a small portion of a Baguette,Butter, Preserves and Coffee or Tea, every day, can get a little monotonous, and, leave those with hearty appetites quite hungry. Anyhow there are many restaurants and cafes nearby which do a hearty breakfast for about 4-5 US$.
My wife had a peaceful and relaxing stay at Sala Inpeng. and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
Great Value, Highly Recommended.

Room Tip: The Deluxe Rooms are Great Value for about 5 Dollars more.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hotelier_123

Reviewed 12 June 2013

Beautiful place. Breakfast is served on your balcony and it was great. Staffs were great and friendly. They have the cutest dog too. Location is great too. Only downside probably is its Wifi which is pretty weak compared to the other guesthouse we visited.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WeiQiangSee
Reviewed 28 May 2013

There's a lot to like about this place. The location is superb. Two minute walk to the riverside and night market yet it's on a very quiet side street. Many restaurants and cafes nearby. The room is clean. Air-con works well enough. Mosquito net and fan, if you prefer. Breakfast on the balcony is nice. Coffee is good. After a couple of days of croissants a bit of variety would be nice. Staff is helpful and polite. Not a great deal of English spoken but that was not a problem. Rooms are in Lao style wooden "homes" which some will find quaint and others not so much. Nice grounds but in rainy season mozzies galore. Laundry at 20,000 kip/kilo was double anywhere outside. I had the room furthest from the entrance . Wifi was sketchy in that location. About $35/night when all was said and done.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We booked the bigger cottage and what 5USD can do in difference!

Our own little balcony, nice breakfast, beautiful settings, and close to the router for the wifi.

The staff is great (limited english but that's more fun), it is clean, close to the beach (don't shop in town, the night market is right next door, 2 minutes walk).

You can book a tour with them too and very cheap (budha park and city tour only USD45), this is worth your while.

Enjoy Vientiane, be safe....would come back

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Lovely wooden cottages and well-maintained gardens. There was always a friendly staff around to assist with questions or anything. Location was great - restaurants and cafes nearby; the tents at the night market by the river were even in view... quiet street...
Room was very clean; bed and pillows good; closet with hangers... We had the econo room which was the first room shown us when we dropped by to arrange for our last two remaining nights in Vientiane. We didn't ask to see any other as we liked the location of the first building - just opposite the reception building and the main gate. No TV in this room though, but we never watched TV so it was perfect. There's a mini bar in the room, a mosquito net which we didn't have to use, fan, and ac. We were happy to move to the 2nd of two rooms in the cottage as, wifi worked better there. We liked it and we'd stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2013

This is by far the most picturesque place I have ever stayed in!!
As soon as you enter the gates, you are hit with the beauty of the wooden bungalows, and the serenity of the gardens that surround it. It almost felt like a small paradise, which, even though it is smack in the middle of town, away from all the hustle and bustle. It's dead quiet at night, which was wonderful! Great night's sleep.
The rooms and bathrooms are spotless and well maintained. The beds are HUGE (or, it was in my case. I haven't been to any other rooms to have a look so I can't say that it is the same for every room.)
Breakfast every morning served just outside the room on the wooden decks were a treat! It makes you feel so spoilt! Loved it!
The staff are GREAT. They are ready to help you with whatever you need, and they may not be fluent, but their English is very very good.
I would love to stay here if ever I head on over to Vientiane again.
Loved every minute of it!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 May 2013

After reading many reviews and contacting a few accommodation places in Vientiane, I decided to book Sala Inpeng even though I was a little concerned that maybe I wouldn't be happy with my decision and have to find somewhere else to stay after the first night or two. I was so relieved when I arrived and checked in to find friendly staff and a very comfortable room in a little garden oasis in the heart of Vientiane. I extended my stay from two nights to four. I had to change rooms once, only for the last night, because I only asked the day prior if I could stay for the fourth night. My bags were moved for me as I was out and about at the time for me to move and everything was in order. The room was a little more expensive and at the back of the property which was very nice and quiet so I would recommend if you can afford a few more dollars go with one of these rooms. If not, the front rooms all with an ensuite are more than adequate. Although there wasn't a kettle in the room if I asked for hot water in the evening one of the staff would go and get it for me. Despite the lack of English, the staff were helpful and offered suggestions of where to eat and warned me about looking after my belongings when I went bike riding. All in all a good choice and great stay in Vientiane.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms don't have mosquitto nets on the windows and the floors are open timber so you...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo