“Enjoyed this place.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 97 Hotels in Vientiane
Pattaya
“Enjoyed this place.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2010

As this was my first visit to Laos I chose to make some basic bookings for accommodation on Agoda and for Vientiane I chose the Hotel D'Rose1. Overall this turned out to be a good decision so here are some of the issues that I met up with. Firstly not all the reviews for this hotel were positive but I did not have any issues that made me feel anti this hotel. One point that I believce trips a lot of visitors up is that there is a HotelD'rose and a Hotel D'rose1. They are ony 50 meteres apart and after the taxi delivered me to the wrong place a kindly porter picked up my bags and took me up the street. No issues with check in and I was advised that breakfast which was part of the deal would be served down the street. Again, not an issue.

The room was well enough lit and ventilated but had no window. It had neither safe or fridge but I believe this to be common in mid range hotels in Laos. I simply put my valuables in a small locked bag which was bagged at reception and locked in their safe.

The hotel is in a superb location as far as being central goes. It is eqi-distant from say the Morning Market, the Mekong side bars, the nightclubs and all the other attractions. If you feel like you have to have a swim you can do so at the flash Lao Plaza hotel 100 metres away.

There was one minor hiccup and that was breakfast. It was cold and inedible in my books but a simple request bought forth a fresh cooked pair of eggs and my day was off to a good start.

One joy of this place was the "Happy Hour" special. Just take a seat in their lounge, on goes the music and sit back with a large beer Lao, and then another, and so on. Four large beer Lao for 30,000 kip! its the bargain of a lifetime, US$3.20. Unbelievable.

Having said that the main reason that I will reccommend this place is because of the courtesy of the staff there. The reception, serving, room and management were all of the top order and made my visit.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Vietnamese first
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2010

This is a lovely hotel. Brand new and still getting used to itself, the staff are friendly locals who do a fabulous job to keep you happy. Right in the centre of town with two beautiful pools in adjacent hotels, and surrounded by gorgeous restaurants. Very reasonable, but you may need to gently negotiate. I loved it so much I stayed for 3 months. Going back soon.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Travellers also viewed these Vientiane hotels
Vientiane Golden Sun Hotel
#2 of 97 in Vientiane
Riverside Palace Hotel
Riverside Palace Hotel
#23 of 97 in Vientiane

Been to New Rose Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about New Rose Boutique Hotel

Property: New Rose Boutique Hotel
Address: No. 339, Pangkham Road, Sisaket Village | Chantabuly District, Vientiane 0100, Laos
Region: Laos > Vientiane Province > Vientiane
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
Ranked #13 of 97 Hotels in Vientiane
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3.5 star — New Rose Boutique Hotel 3.5*
Situated in the heart of Vientiane and easy access to tourist destination and shopping center. We offer value for money accommodation and friendly customer service throughout. All of our rooms are of suite size and tastefully decorated. Come enjoy our hospitality. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your New Rose Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.