“the picture promises far too much”

Inter City Boutique Hotel
Ranked #53 of 93 Hotels in Vientiane
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Everything in the hotel looks a bit worn out, the breakfast is simple. the shower was working.
But by the time I left I had been fallen in love with the wooden stairs. Really beautifull.
It has known better years, but still somehow special. A wonderful mix of art and crafts.
I joined the aerobics at 6 opposite the hotel. The neighboorhood rooftopterrace was wonderful.
And the nightmarket was conviniant for the last presents.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ilse I
There are newer reviews for Inter City Boutique Hotel

Reviewed 6 September 2013

I selected this place from the picture on agoda and the cost, cost was ok. The room over looked the mekong and I think this was the highlight of our stay. The staff were lovely, but so are all the staff through Laos and Cambodia. I am not sure if the hotel or Vientiane itself made my stay here feel lacklustre, we spent 2 nights and this was more than enough for me. Both the picture of the hotel and name of Vientiane conjured up romantic expectations of this place, sadly neither lived up to those expectations. My suggestion is to go there so you can tick it off your list and then get to Luang Prabang were you can relax and enjoy what laos has to offer

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Located directly across from the river border, the views from the top of the hotel are absolutely stunning. The rooms are great for sleeping in, and this is all you will be doing as the city is bursting with all sorts of experiences to try.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I booked this hotel by Agoda and say some reviews at Agoda with a good average. I expected a decent room in a 3-star quality. The room was not cheap and very disappointed. Must say the decorations around lobby and hallways are nice and my cup of tea. But the room itself was not good, very outdated, the bahtroom to small and from 1-star quality. Shower and toilet did not work properly. Some of the furniture in the room was broken. Mostly in this category and (high price), the room would have a coffee maker (not in this hotel). The quality of the bed and linnen was good. I slept very well, the airco was functioning ok. The staff was friendly. The location of the hotel is good.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RieksLok
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Stayed 1 week end july. Location is good, straight across road to night market and overlooking river.
1st room, the door didn't fit frame, we said it felt unsafe and was moved to a much bigger room, on 2nd floor overlooking road and river.
It was very noisy, and underneath they are renovating a ground floor shop.
Drilling up tiles started at 7.30am. I think they must have been asked to stop drilling, so they commenced hammering them up. I think they worked long hours as i could still feel them pounding at the tiles during the night.
Breakfast mediocre, eat out, my husband wanted a cup of boiling water and was told they had none, he asked them to boil a kettle and eventually got one. Wifi was okay in public areas, not rooms.
Only good thing the location.
Probably better places, at least until renovations done.

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking river. Some others small like cells.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Spacious room, clean enough, perfectly located, ok breakfast, but everything looks as if it needs replacement. Wifi is lousy. All in all nevertheless a good place to stay. Right in front if the river.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I checked into this " boutique" hotel in the evening after looking at many hotels in the area which I found to either be all closed down or full or bad value. As I walked into the lobby of this one I breathed a sigh of relief, It is lovely and I expected a room of similar quality and decor. Sadly they have made the lobby and hall ways the best part of this hotel.....

There were 2 rooms left on arrival. I was shown to the last one with a double bed. It smelt, wallpaper coming off walls, dirty pillows, pubes on toilet seat and the toilet seat completely broken off, leaking from the cistern all over the wet room floor and wouldn't flush. I told the receptionist who rudely said I could stay in the single room or leave.... I looked at the single room which was a box for $35 dollars and stuck with my original room as I was so tired and fed up. The bathroom to top it all off was smaller than any hotel Ive ever stayed in in Asia and impossible to move, let alone shower, the head of which was over the broken toilet.

The receptionist rang me and said he would come and fix the toilet in 10 minutes. On check out he still hadn't come..... I considered calling him but conveniently the telephone stopped working. Do not stay here they do not deserve your money, or at least the appalling " standard rooms" don't....

• Stayed: July 2013