“Average for its price, way out and spiders!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Leuxay Hotel

Leuxay Hotel
Ranked #32 of 197 Vientiane B&B and Inns
“Average for its price, way out and spiders!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2012

We read reviews and it sounded good, but it was a very creepy old school hotel. Felt like ghost town when walking around, te service was fine, but the rooms were creeping and we saw lots of cob webs and a spider dangle down from the roof! But not a bad hotel, could do better with your money. 15 min tuk tuk to main restaurants etc

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Kenny2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

This hotel is not in the centre of town but I knew this when I booked it. It stood out from others because we wanted a pool and compared to the prices of the other hotels with pools decided this was one was for us, even though there had been some 'poor' reviews.

Our room was both spacious and clean and I am particularly fussy. The staff were amazingly helpful and couldn't do enough for us. Even when we sat in reception to await transport to the airport I turned round to find a member of staff bringing a fan over and turning it on me as it was a hot day . Another occasion when I went to the reception desk to ask for an adapter for my laptop all five members of staff there came to me with one !

The first afternoon we spent round the pool, after a morning exploring and my husband wanted a drink. I went into the restaurant to ask and was given menus and an electronic 'button' to press should we require anything further that afternoon. It worked a treat for cold drinks.

The worst thing about this hotel is the breakfast. It was very poor with only the toast which we made ourselves appearing edible. The tea and the coffee were both terrible. The fruit, though nicely displayed had flies round it and should have been covered up. What was inside some of the containers I could only guess !!

We thought that 30,000 yip in a taxi to town didn't seem too bad and for the return we paid 25,000 in a tuk tuk.

We were on the fourth floor with a balcony overlooking the swimming pool and surrounding area. We slept very well in a clean bed and were pleased we didn't have any traffic noise.

The free shuttle service to and from the airport was also included. All in all I think we made the right choice and should we return to Vientiane would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2011

I never write reviews. I've stayed in more than 1000 hotels in my life (not an exaggeration). I don't need a Hilton, but I like something mid range and decent. This place is awful. It's in the middle of nowhere 15 minutes outside of town, the furnishings are old and dirty, and the rooms are crawling with bugs--especially spiders. I changed rooms 3 times until I finally found one with air conditioning that worked (It's very very hot here in Southeast Asia). All of the room had several bugs in them upon first look. I booked two nights and tried to change my reservation for the 2nd night. The manager refused to refund my money for the 2nd night even though booking.com agreed to waive the commission he paid them to get my business. He kept saying "who is going to pay me for that room tonight?" as though the hotel was booked full, even though it was in fact empty. It's clear all the man thinks about is money money money, and not his customer satisfaction.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Brad224

Travellers are raving about these Vientiane hotels

Exeter, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2011

Friendly welcome and lovely large room overlooking the pool with a vast balcony. Laundry service was perfect, and in any other area this hotel would come out close to the top of the pile.
Unfortunately it is not in a good location and is not in an area where it is easy to get a tuk-tuk and too far to walk so cost us US$5 for a car each time we went into the 'city' though free transfer to/from the airport. Very few members of staff speak English so it can be a bit frustrating when asking for anything.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank twooldies
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2011

I am amazed that there are good reviews for this place. When we arrived there was one of the desk staff asleep on a desk behind the counter. We found it quite amusing, until we realised this pretty much dictated the whole half hearted attitude of the place.

The service, decor and food feels like that of a 4 star hotel that was popular in the 1970's yet refused to move with the times. I honestly cannot believe this is a new hotel, the furnishings feel so dated.

At the time of our stay it became pretty apparent we were the only guests, we did not hear or see a soul. The decor in the rooms was not contemporary and felt stuffy as it was in the lobby area. The bed seemed clean and it was comfortable enough, but there were massive gaps in the netting set within the air con vents aimed at keeping Mosquitos out so there were a lot in our room. I went down and asked Reception for a spray and they gave me some and gave the impression this was not an unusual request.

Breakfast the next day was a joke, we completely left the whole thing. In a country like Laos where you can get wonderful coffee and French bread so easily, serving up a vat of instant coffee and some spongy sliced white is not really acceptable for a hotel that markets itself as being more luxurious. The fried breakfast looked like it had been sitting on the side since breakfast had started at 7am, worst I've seen.

The one saving grace of this hotel was the lovely pool and the water feature. It was great, the sun loungers themselves were very strange - a bit like the hotel to be honest!

It's a shame because this hotel should be great, but if this hotel wants to attract visitors than for $50 a night it seriously needs to pull it's finger out as even the pool doesn't justify this. Stay elsewhere, we had one night at the hotel Khamvongsa prior to this and we thought it was great. Just goes to show, the grass isn't always greener...

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sophie_judge
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2011

We stayed here for a week, after escaping from busy citylife in Kuala Lumpur, sweeet laidback city, although dusty..
We rented bicycles for a week and went everywhere. Coming 'home' to a nice and cool swimmingpool..
Breakfast was pretty bad, cold food, poor selection..
Slept like babies;)

U should
- rent bicycles
- see one of the fish ponds (not on any maps)
- buddha park
- eat at JoMa
- Enjoy live music every night at 'Khop Chai Deu' - great local artists doing sweet covers..

You should stay out of the dusty downtown and stay o couple of km away - at leuxay:) Bike around, flat everywhere anyways..

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank norskepakk
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2011

Very friendly, smiling and attentive staff with five star service include organising guided tour for us. The hotel was peaceful, very comfortable and clean with pool, restaurant and the gym. The hotel is a bit far from tourist attraction and things to do, however, there is a market neraby, would highly recommended, AAA+++

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family