Leuxay Hotel
Mekong Hotel(Vientiane)
  • Restaurant
Cosmo Hotel(Vientiane)
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I recognized the positive Postings in Tripadvisor and Agoda and needed a Hotel with a nice Pool for my kids, not to expensive to.
So I decided to stay during a Visarun at the Leuxay Hotel.

I was not disappointed, I booked a Superior Twin, as I had my GF and three children with me.
The staff was very friendly, the rooms big, nice balcon, good view from 5th floor.
Swimming Pool very clean.
Breakfast and Restaurant offered good food. Quiet Soi, Main road not far-Tuk Tuks easy to get.

Small Minus,
With the Internet quality the WIFI offered, I was not satisfied,
And the Hot Water is only giving small amounts. Enough for a shower, but, Difficult to fill a bathtub so.

Room Tip: Nice few of the two top floors with balcons to cityside-roadside.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel over three nights. The location of the hotel is around 3-4 kilometres from the main touristy location. Reception staff were efficient and professional. The room given was very large which included a balcony. The room contained a desk along with a small table and 2 chairs. The bathroom is also large and clean. Depending on the amount of guess at the hotel it dictates the breakfast. With large numbers it becomes smorgasbord and with small numbers is becomes a set menu. The breakfast itself is nothing special with limited amount selections. The hotel advertise a gym however the gym consisted of a bike, a treadmill which does not work and a weight bench all in a tiny room. I had no problems with this hotel other than the location.

Room Tip: Request rooms facing the pool
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2012

We read reviews and it sounded good, but it was a very creepy old school hotel. Felt like ghost town when walking around, te service was fine, but the rooms were creeping and we saw lots of cob webs and a spider dangle down from the roof! But not a bad hotel, could do better with your money. 15 min tuk tuk to main restaurants etc

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Kenny2012
Reviewed 21 November 2011

This hotel is not in the centre of town but I knew this when I booked it. It stood out from others because we wanted a pool and compared to the prices of the other hotels with pools decided this was one was for us, even though there had been some 'poor' reviews.

Our room was both spacious and clean and I am particularly fussy. The staff were amazingly helpful and couldn't do enough for us. Even when we sat in reception to await transport to the airport I turned round to find a member of staff bringing a fan over and turning it on me as it was a hot day . Another occasion when I went to the reception desk to ask for an adapter for my laptop all five members of staff there came to me with one !

The first afternoon we spent round the pool, after a morning exploring and my husband wanted a drink. I went into the restaurant to ask and was given menus and an electronic 'button' to press should we require anything further that afternoon. It worked a treat for cold drinks.

The worst thing about this hotel is the breakfast. It was very poor with only the toast which we made ourselves appearing edible. The tea and the coffee were both terrible. The fruit, though nicely displayed had flies round it and should have been covered up. What was inside some of the containers I could only guess !!

We thought that 30,000 yip in a taxi to town didn't seem too bad and for the return we paid 25,000 in a tuk tuk.

We were on the fourth floor with a balcony overlooking the swimming pool and surrounding area. We slept very well in a clean bed and were pleased we didn't have any traffic noise.

The free shuttle service to and from the airport was also included. All in all I think we made the right choice and should we return to Vientiane would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2011

I never write reviews. I've stayed in more than 1000 hotels in my life (not an exaggeration). I don't need a Hilton, but I like something mid range and decent. This place is awful. It's in the middle of nowhere 15 minutes outside of town, the furnishings are old and dirty, and the rooms are crawling with bugs--especially spiders. I changed rooms 3 times until I finally found one with air conditioning that worked (It's very very hot here in Southeast Asia). All of the room had several bugs in them upon first look. I booked two nights and tried to change my reservation for the 2nd night. The manager refused to refund my money for the 2nd night even though booking.com agreed to waive the commission he paid them to get my business. He kept saying "who is going to pay me for that room tonight?" as though the hotel was booked full, even though it was in fact empty. It's clear all the man thinks about is money money money, and not his customer satisfaction.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo