Leuxay Hotel
Mekong Hotel(Vientiane)
  • Restaurant
Cosmo Hotel(Vientiane)
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 October 2012

This was a nice hotel with friendly staff and decent price. Staff's ability to speak English might not be great, but they were eager to help. The hotel equips with a nice big pool and has good breakfast. My room was decent, but no desk area for working. However, there was a round coffee table you could stage as your working area. A caution was when to take a shower. Water was easily wet the floor as shower curtain did not help much. As for location, it was a bit far to walk to tourist areas. I did walk and it took me around 25 minutes or so. A good thing about this hotel was their pick up service from the airport. They provided it with free of charge. Just told them your flight number and a friendly staff would be their to fetch you from and drop you off the airport.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We stayed in the hotel 3 nights in the middle of July.
The hotel itself it is very nice and clean but all the time we had the feeling that there is no body in. Even when we had breakfast we could only see many people working there not a guests. Staff is very friendly , polite and helpful. Cant complaint.
The hotel is located around 25min walking distance from the Mekong River. For us it was too far away. All good restaurants, pubs are next to the Mekong River so in our opinion that hotel is a little too far away from it.
We had a room with the pool view and with the balcony. The rooms are big enough with high speed internet - which is slow indeed.
We did not use swimming pool because it was raining the whole time but it is big and looks good. In the hotel there is also a gym but it is just a joke. Two machines in 10m2 room. One thing which is very bad in the hotel is a breakfast. Poor choice of food and low quality.

Room Tip: Rooms on swimming pool side
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 July 2012

With a bit too much carved wooden kitchy furniture and dark wood accents for my taste, it is a nice place to stay, with a great size pool and very friendly staff
The rooms I' ve seen on the third floor are spacious with a good sized balcony and view on the pool
The restaurant serves a wide range of Thai/Lao and western food very cheap and with a smile.
About a 15 minute drive from the Thai embasy for those who come to make a visa.

Room Tip: Choose the garden view ones, these are on the back of the hotel very quiet and have a great outdoor aria, either a balcony or a terrace, depending on which floor you are.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2012 via mobile

The good: Leuxay hotel is a very nice hotel for the price. Great cold AC. Tv. Hot water. Lots of toiletries. Pool was great.

However the bad:
- It is far from town. I can handle a 5 to 10 minute walk to town, but this was a 5 to 10 minute drive. It takes 15 minutes to get a taxi, and there are no tuk  tuks or anything stationed outside. It makes it really hard to get in to town and to go sightseeing. It also means you rely on transport and don't get a good feel for the city.
- There is also NOWHERE to eat nearby. You have to taxi into town.
- The wifi didn't work on the bed, only near the tv and in the bathroom!
- The staff were friendly when we arrived but the rest of the time not overly. It seemed like a burden to answer questions and take them away from Facebook. Only one tour option offered, all day an quite expensive.
- Breakfast was included but didn't eat it, as first morning had other plans and second morning our 8:45 ride to our bus arrived at 8:20, so had to rush check out.
- The bus we booked was advertised as a VIP bus...it was not. It didn't even take us to the bus station. We got on a bus down some alley, with no AC, old seats, no toilet on board and a really not enjoyable ride down. Do the minibus or buy your ticket from somewhere else rather than the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank lawbarbie
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I recognized the positive Postings in Tripadvisor and Agoda and needed a Hotel with a nice Pool for my kids, not to expensive to.
So I decided to stay during a Visarun at the Leuxay Hotel.

I was not disappointed, I booked a Superior Twin, as I had my GF and three children with me.
The staff was very friendly, the rooms big, nice balcon, good view from 5th floor.
Swimming Pool very clean.
Breakfast and Restaurant offered good food. Quiet Soi, Main road not far-Tuk Tuks easy to get.

Small Minus,
With the Internet quality the WIFI offered, I was not satisfied,
And the Hot Water is only giving small amounts. Enough for a shower, but, Difficult to fill a bathtub so.

Room Tip: Nice few of the two top floors with balcons to cityside-roadside.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family