“A clean and crisply efficient hotel - but a bit bland”
Review of Sinnakhone Hotel

Sinnakhone Hotel
Ranked #37 of 97 Hotels in Vientiane
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I have stayed in Sinnakhone Hotel twice on trips to Vientiane - and the fact that I went back a second time must say something for it.
It is a very convenient place to stay. The rooms are comfortable and impeccably clean. The staff speak a rather limited English, but are generally bright and helpful. The price for rooms is reasonable. There is a free and fast wi-fi service.Then why such a lukewarm recommendation? Well, I think I found the place just a bit too bland and faceless, and I could have wished for a bit more character. This hotel could be almost anywhere in the world.
However, it does what it says on the box, and I have no criticism of its performance in professional terms.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TiggerInIndia

Reviewed 21 February 2013 via mobile

Rooms were pretty straightforward and basic. Clean rooms and sheets. Bathroom was decent and not moldy. Location is pretty good as there are many restaurants on this street. Breakfast was decent with 2 eggs and toast. Staff could be a bit more warm and enthusiastic about their work.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank carpemundus
Reviewed 18 February 2013

We stayed at Sinnakhorne Hotel for one night in November 2012 during our two months travelling through SE Asia but it was probably one of the worst places we stayed.

On arrival the staff weren't particularly friendly and seemed confused by our booking, even though we had a print-out to confirm it. We had to wait for about 15 minutes in reception while they sorted it out and then they showed us to our room on the top floor.

The room itself was nice - it was large with plenty of space to spread out. There was also a good view from the top floor. Everything was clean and the bathroom was great, plenty of room and a good shower.

The bed though was the worst thing I have ever slept on - it was more like a torture implement than a bed. Any padding that had once existed in the mattress had completely disappeared and you were basically just lying on bare wire. Needless to say neither of us had a particularly good night's sleep.

The other problem we experienced was that the wifi would not work on the top floor. We expressed this problem to the staff but they told us they had checked and it was working. Despite these problems, we had planned on staying in Vientiane for one night rather than two - so we did ask the staff at reception if they could accommodate us the following evening just in a different room to save us moving hotels. This was in the evening at about 7pm and we were told they 'didn't know' if they could accommodate us the following day.

Fortunately this cemented the decision in our heads to only spend the one night in Vientiane before moving on. The only positive for the hotel was that it was in a convenient location within easy walking distance of the main attractions.

At $25 a night this was one of the more expensive places we stayed and it was probably the least value for money. Given our experience with the fairly stand-offish staff, terrible beds and poor wifi, we wouldn't stay here again or recommend to other travellers.

Room Tip: No wifi on the top floor.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cookington
Reviewed 1 February 2013

As said before, the location is very good nd it is clean. Breakfast is spartan and staff available if you call their attention, but not exactly charming and attentive... In our family room the double bed was very firm, which I don't mind too much. The single bed had some sort of big cavity on one side which would have been unacceptable to me but was OK for my 6 year old.

Room Tip: Nicer view if facing the street
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Vientiane doesn't have a lot to offer, it seems to me; but whatever charm it has is concentrated fairly near the Mekong. This hotel is perfectly situated in this respect. You are near good restaurants (I particularly recommend Le Vendome); near the promenade and night market along the river; fairly near the museums; and so on. The hotel itself is very plain and simple, but clean and inexpensive. Breakfast--a simple cooked breakfast of eggs, toast and coffee or tea--was included. The hot water for coffee and tea, by the way, is available round the clock.

My only serious complaint is that the bed in our room (#503) was rock hard, which tended to wake me up when I rolled over. Although there is no WiFi, there is a computer in the lobby for guests to use.

As usual, the Agoda booking did not give me as wonderful a deal as it was cracked up to be -- coming in off the street would have been as cheap or cheaper. (But having said that, I should say that the hotel was full on the two nights of our stay. Booking might be wise.) I thoroughly recommend the immediate of this hotel as a place to find accommodation; I am somewhat less enthusiastic about this particular hotel. If I were to come to Vientaine again--and I hope I don't have to--I would try a little harder to find somewhere else. It's a pretty good place, but.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

Agree with most of the review here. Very well located, short distance to almost all attractions and surrounding eating
With the low price you pay, you get a nice clean room and decent breakfast, how can you compliant?
I am returning again in March and have already confirmed 3 Double rooms.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank cps5022
Reviewed 27 January 2013

We stayed as a Family with two children. The price value is good. Big room ( tipple ) for a 880.-- THB or 220'000 Kip.

The place near the Mixay Temple is on a central place, but is still quiet.

If you go there because of the breakfast, you will not like it. It's true: 2 Toast, 2 egg and tea or coffe. But forget the breakfast, there are so many fantastic French bakeries around you not need this food.

Also without breakfast. Price / value is great for Vientiane

Room Tip: Forget the breakfast, and enjoy the good room ;-) Ask for a windwo room, there are also rooms withou...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family