“Find another place, bad value for money spend” 2 of 5 bubbles

Saysouly Guest House
Saysouly Guest House
Ranked #107 of 196 Vientiane B&B and Inns
Vientiane, Laos
“Find another place, bad value for money spend”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2011

Staff dont care much, they will not discount for over a week stay.
you can for sure find a much better place for the same money.
The more expensive double rooms on the first floor are now renovated and are ok but they dont deserve the added price.

Room Tip: ask for renovated rooms if you can afford.. and if you must stay there...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2011

The room was dusty, stuffy, noisy; the fan wasn't working, the fly screen was broken and the window wouldn't close.

Apart from the humid, dusty still air, I kept getting woken up by people just outside my window.
Worst night's sleep ever, and I've slept in some horrible places.

The service...I asked for another room and was simply told "no" and charged full price despite the problems with the room.

Asked to be woken up and was told the "night staff" would take care of it. There are no night staff, I nearly missed my flight. I only woke up as yet another group of people were making noise outside my room.

I left my book behind as I flew out the door to catch my flight. Within 24-hours I had sent an email asking them to return it. I offered to pay for postage and explained it had great sentimental value but never received a reply.

I would never stay here again. Ever.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hostel
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Vientiane hotels

Hue, Vietnam
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

Quite simply, do not set your foot in this place if you value your money and your skin. The title says it all. If I could give a rating of zero, I would. There was no apology when we checked out, just a grunt from the bare torsoed man wapped in a towel, who handed us back our money without a single word.

The shared bathroom was abysmal.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

We didn't stay here, when we arrived at the GH, The male staff at the counter did not greet us. that's ok. but when we ask for a room he just have an attitude like you take it or leave it. of course we left. You can find many nice GH nearby with the same price or even cheaper. This place look very rundown

Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Clare
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

We stayed in a private room with our own bathroom but there were always lizards in the bathroom. The staff had very little English and it wasn't the cleanest. Good points - the location was brilliant about a 30 second walk to the town centre and loads of lovely restaurants nearby. Easy to sleep at night also.

Room Tip: We paid extra for a private bathroom but you don't really need this.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wellington, New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2011

We ended up here after a slow, hot bus from Vang Vieng with little time or motivation for shopping around for a room. We tried a few not expecting the high rates compared with what we had been paying in the rest of Laos. On initial inspection it appeared ok so we agreed to the 120,000 kip rate for a double room. On closer inspection of the facilities we were disappointed. The TV in the room was purely decorative (you couldn't even plug it in), the sheet were badly stained, bathroom was unclean. WiFi had no internet access, and the staff showed no interest in remedying it. A dark dirty little hovel. Much better alternatives in the vicinity.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Cape Town Central, South Africa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2011

On a quick visa run to Laos, got online in bangkok and sent Syasouly a mail requesting a double room with window and balcony. No response. Then I phoned them and made my booking with a "Tom". All was in order and the room reserved, I was assured. When I got there, I wasn't on the booking list, there was no double room available. The little guy at reception with the neat side-parting was also not at all keen to help. Did he perhaps want to phone Tom to confirm the booking? No, he wasn't interested in phoning Tom. Tom was just "not there". He graciously showed me a dark and dingy room he had available, but by then i was already putting my shoes on and heading out the door. There are enough places to stay in Vientiane. At only $10 or $12 a night, you don't expect five stars, but you expect that a booking be honored.

Room Tip: shop around when you get there.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Shynola
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vientiane
Mixay Guesthouse
Mixay Paradise
Mixay Paradise
#14 of 196 in Vientiane
Lucky Backpackers Hostel Vientiane

Been to Saysouly Guest House? Share your experiences!