“Yes, bed buuuuuugs! Just a lousy guesthouse.”

Saysouly Guest House
Saysouly Guest House
Ranked #109 of 197 Vientiane B&B and Inns
Singapore
“Yes, bed buuuuuugs! Just a lousy guesthouse.”
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Hi all!

Well to put it simple: do not go there. It might be cheap. But you can get better for the same price!

Pros:
Uh really ?! Pros? .... hmmm .... hot roommates? :D
Ok the mattress was comfy but wait....what is this thing in the mattress...omg! Bed buuuuuuuuuuuuuuugs!

Cons:
Dirty
Horrible shower/toilets to share
Room is awful
Can't regulate the aircon
BED BUGSSSSS
No safe and simple wooden door
Window that cant close and is actually opening on a corridor

So how did I end up in this place? Well it was very late when I arrived in Vientiane, it was in the Lonely Planet....just a mistake and we stayed only one night.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Stayed here recently as found in lonely planet. Not as good as they say. Rooms were good size, bathroom could do with decorating and a thorough clean- chuck out the bath mats! Most noise came from the staff and not other residents. Changed rooms and staff were fairly helpful. Beds hard but no bugs! There are better guesthouse available nearby.

• Stayed November 2011
Karratha, Australia
Reviewed 4 November 2011

This place is awful. It's recommended in the lonely planet but don't go. Got awful bed bugs and the people knew it. They asked of we wanted to switch rooms and suggested that the room upstairs was ok because no one had complained before. My response obviously was so people have complained about our room before? The man immediatly responded yes. Didn't even care. I now have red welts from head to toe just like my 2 roommates. They had no desire to do anything about the bugs and basically ignored us as we walked out the door.

• Stayed November 2011

Travellers are raving about these Vientiane hotels

Vientiane, Laos
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Staff dont care much, they will not discount for over a week stay.
you can for sure find a much better place for the same money.
The more expensive double rooms on the first floor are now renovated and are ok but they dont deserve the added price.

Room Tip: ask for renovated rooms if you can afford.. and if you must stay there...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 14 September 2011

The room was dusty, stuffy, noisy; the fan wasn't working, the fly screen was broken and the window wouldn't close.

Apart from the humid, dusty still air, I kept getting woken up by people just outside my window.
Worst night's sleep ever, and I've slept in some horrible places.

The service...I asked for another room and was simply told "no" and charged full price despite the problems with the room.

Asked to be woken up and was told the "night staff" would take care of it. There are no night staff, I nearly missed my flight. I only woke up as yet another group of people were making noise outside my room.

I left my book behind as I flew out the door to catch my flight. Within 24-hours I had sent an email asking them to return it. I offered to pay for postage and explained it had great sentimental value but never received a reply.

I would never stay here again. Ever.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hostel
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Hue, Vietnam
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Quite simply, do not set your foot in this place if you value your money and your skin. The title says it all. If I could give a rating of zero, I would. There was no apology when we checked out, just a grunt from the bare torsoed man wapped in a towel, who handed us back our money without a single word.

The shared bathroom was abysmal.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Singapore
Reviewed 26 July 2011

We didn't stay here, when we arrived at the GH, The male staff at the counter did not greet us. that's ok. but when we ask for a room he just have an attitude like you take it or leave it. of course we left. You can find many nice GH nearby with the same price or even cheaper. This place look very rundown

Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vientiane
Douang Deuane Hotel
#97 of 148 in Luang Prabang
KP Hotel 2
KP Hotel 2
#38 of 197 in Vientiane

Been to Saysouly Guest House? Share your experiences!