New Lao Silk Hotel
Vayakorn Inn(Vientiane)
US$44
US$27
Agoda.com
All reviewsrooms are smallno liftnight marketthe riverper nighthot showerdecent sizeflat screen tvhotel locatedmini fridgeplace to stayexcellent locationwithin walking distancetempleinternetconveniencecons
Reviewed 14 June 2013

The hotel is close to everything but left exactly nothing to be desired. The staff were fine, not particularly nice but not rude. They did not speak English with the exception of a few words (but I'm learning this is common in many hotels and restaurants around Vientiane). I only stayed one night because I got insect bites while I was sleeping. I'm not 100% sure if they were bedbugs (I found a few dead ones around the room and they looked smaller than bedbugs I've seen before). I checked out right away the next day but had to get a friend who spoke Lao to actually tell them about the bugs because they didn't understand me. The room was tiny and while I wouldn't call my bites an "infestation" I get very uneasy about bugs since bedbugs are so hard to get rid of. Might be ok for a night but I wouldn't recommend this hotel to friends. The next day I walked around and found a hotel/short term apartment building that was not on any of the trip-advisor lists (which is also common). It is very nice and new and close to everything. I will be staying there for the rest of my trip.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Cait G
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Spent one night here as a starting for southern Laos trip. Room was small, generally clean but wardrobe door was coming off, the mattress was a bit too small for the wooden frame bed. On the surface looked good but there are definitely room for improvement. But location is good, a short walk to the river and close to plenty of places to eat.

The travel agent across from this hotel is good. We bought bus ticket through them and they provide their own transportation truck (not a tuk tuk) to take us to the long distance bus station which is quite far.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank globaltrotters55
Reviewed 14 February 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a city view room for two nights. The room was small with one double bed, but it was clean.

There was a fridge with daily bottled water, TV with enough channels. You can open the balcony doors, but there are no chairs, and really rather small to sit out anyway. The wifi worked ok, was on the second floor. Note that there are no elevators, so if you're on the higher floors, you'll have too walk.

I like the fact that there is a cafe right downstairs, and the drinks were pretty good compared to others places.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Spent a total of three nights here. Quite a smallish double room and, for around £19 per night, more expensive than comparable ones in the same area. Well-located for a very pleasant beer garden, a variety of restaurants, Vientiane's only gay bar, temples and some excellent local restaurants overlooking the Mekong River (within 3-4 minutes on foot from this horel). No great shakes, no included breakfast - but clean accommodation and fairly friendly staff.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank UKMALETRAVELLER
Reviewed 27 January 2013

This hotel is in a good location, a very short walk to the Mekong and night markets with plenty of places close by to eat. The room was small (compared to other places I stayed in Laos) but adequate. I had a city view room which faced the street and it was noisy, in hind sight I should have paid extra for a temple view. Staff helpful enough and clean.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo